H horizon 500/401/1001 build quality q

Updated
bluntegg
hey there, I own an mh-400nt, mhb-400, and an ra-600. all 2008 models, really happy with the build quality and the way they play. i'm taking some royal conservatory lessons now and know the teacher on a personal level so he is letting me mix in electric and metal stuff while pulling relevant items from RC curriculum. anyways where I'm going with this is I'm thinking about selling my ra-600 (whammy is cool, but a pain in the ass, not for me. also dont like how flat the top of the body is, i love the bevel of the h/mh, play better with it!) and picking up a horizon 500/401 to keep in standard E, everything else I have is in like B or D/dropC with emgs. would be nice to have the horizon w/ duncans in E and I can get away with using it for my jazz stuff (currently using an old starter guitar, since it's my only E tuned guitar.) now I have just missed the boat on the killer h-500 deal at samash, and seems most places are out of stock on the h-500s. I am considering a H-401fm, but I know the new 401s are made in indonesia and not korea. All my other LTDs are korean made and are wicked, can I expect the same quality from an h-401, or would you guys recommend me hunting down an h-500? OR should I just get a H-1001? are those still korean made on the 2009 models? (i *think* they are) I would be willing to pay extra for the 1001 if the quality gap between the 401/1001 is greater than the 500/1001. Thanks! EDIT: ended up buying a 2008 h-1001stb. the local shop had it on sale for 823cdn, got him down to $840cdn for everything, tax included, had to pull the trigger. pls still share comments on the build qualitys for these models. I love the sound of the seymours, I thought I was emg for life, I may be wrong. The action is alot better compared to my 400 series guitars, little lighter as well. plays waaay better, may need to sell my 400's and get an mh-1000 now, lol. I thought the abalone trim would look hidious like in pics, but it actually looks really nice. everyone has been impressed with the finish so far.
mikerockstar

post lots of pics plz

Post to Thread