Help!

Updated
hardrocker8
Hello everyone, ive been looking around on the forum for a while but didnt find how to become active until yesterday. But i need some help on what i want my first esp to be. I play in a hard rock(clutchish and grunge)/alt rock/metal(think deftones) and i would like an esp ltd. I noticed ltd because my bassist has an older b-series. I would also like to mention that i dont play alot of lead and I have a budget of around 700USD(give or take about $50).
El Jefe

well being a fellow clutch and deftones fan i would suggest either an ec-401/1000 or mh-401nt/1000. neither band uses a tremolo, both use humbuckers and stop tail bridges.
i have a mh-400nt and it is a quality peice

andrei

i'd say, EC-401VF (or the old AT series).
or the EC-256AVB + pickups of your choice.

i like the shape and 22 frets.

hardrocker8

i did actually play an ec but i wasnt too impressed it was an ec-100; but i also thought about geting ethier a sc-207, viper-417, or an mhb-400 if i could find one

Pushead

i did actually play an ec but i wasnt too impressed it was an ec-100; but i also thought about geting ethier a sc-207, viper-417, or an mhb-400 if i could find one

An EC-100 falls well short of your $700 range. I'd stick around the LTD-400 range and try any body style that you find interesting. You'll find a better deal buying a used one.

djay_123

Check out the LTD Viper 401. Awesome axe with 81/85 active humbuckers. I love mine . They are very versataille with the right amp.

hardrocker8

i havent played a viper but ive heard there neck heavy

andrei

some are (guess it depends a lot on the wood), but you can always move the strapbutton (search the forum).

hardrocker8

yeah i guess so... the viper soundss like a good guitar; however before i go out looking i would like to know peoples opinions on the ltd seven string and baritone guitars

hardrocker8

Thanks dude ill be sure to search used; however im also looking for sc-207s and viper 417s because im seriously considering a seven string

Borked Bob

get the viper 407 or 417 instead of the sc-207

hardrocker8

what does the viper have over the sc-207

load more replies (1 of 1)
andrei

it's the diffrence between the 200 and the 400 series, so a pretty big one, in specs, wood and overall quality (look it up).

get the viper 407 or 417 instead of the sc-207

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread