which guitar

Updated
solio1994
hey guys:) i am looking for a new guitar and i have narrowed it down to 2 choices -ESP EC1000fm(the one with duncans) -ibanez s520 -epiphone prophecy sg gx i play classic rock, hard rock and metal so i need a versatile guitar i would also like an easy to play neck I hope u guys can help me pick a guitar:)
WildeStarr

ESP EC1000fm

jalmetalman

Get the ESP EC1000fm. Welcome btw!!!

SixFlames

hey guys:)

i am looking for a new guitar and i have narrowed it down to 2 choices
-ESP EC1000fm(the one with duncans)
-ibanez s520
-epiphone prophecy sg gx

That's 3.
:p

and yeh, EC1000FM

Velt017

the EC is a far superior guitar to either of those, the epiphones feel like such junk to me.

solio1994

ok
how is the neck on the esp?

Velt017

ok
how is the neck on the esp?

like butter... not too thick not too thin... just about right.

there is a reason almost everyone plays ESP guitars.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Stratovar1us

Lol this is esp forums so what answer you expect:D even it was ibanez or epiphone forum i would definately say ltd.

DUKE

Lol this is esp forums so what answer you expect:D even it was ibanez or epiphone forum i would definately say ltd.

LMFAO

Spend several more months here on the board and then think back to this statement you just said.

jsp

Ec-400vf.

Borked Bob

ec-1000

solio1994

ok....
but could anybody tell me how thin the neck is compared to a gibby lp neck??

Mr. Wicked

My uncle tells me that LTD necks are a tad bit fatter than Gibson necks.

Stratovar1us

I guess thats not true. The ltd i played was really fine and not too thin and not thick. just perfect.

Wrathofkala

Ec1000 you will love it.

bloodstyle

this is kinda weird... if you post this on epiphone forum they'll tell you to get the epiphone.. and if you ask on Ibby forum they'll tell you the ibby

Velt017

this is kinda weird... if you post this on epiphone forum they'll tell you to get the epiphone.. and if you ask on Ibby forum they'll tell you the ibby

that may be true, however, for the money the EC is hands down the best purchase, lets compare shall we.

The epiphone is supposedly all mahogany with a quilted maple top (I've played them the maple cap may as well be as thick as a sheet of paper)
a guitar of all mahogany will sound very dark, most people do not prefer this sound.
The epi is a neck through though, so that is good and it comes with a ZW EMG active set, which is good

The Ibanez has a maple neck and mahogany body, none of the stores say whether or not it is neck-through, set-neck, or bolt-on. Since its an ibby and its only $599 I'm going to assume bolt-on but I could be wrong. It comes with a zero resistance trem which on a guitar at that price point is probably crap and will keep you out of tune all night long. The ibby also only comes with the uber suck IBZ infinity set... I can't even begin to tell you how much better the EMGs are. I would rule out the Ibby immediately.

Now the EC is a maple neck-through solid mahogany body. EMG 81/60 set (by far my favorite, also is the James Hetfield set). This guitar is straight up no bull (except for the over done abalone, but it's not that bad) The EC also comes with the ervana compensated nut and the sperzel locking tuners. While I think its $100 more than the epi, you are getting the $75 sperzel set as well as the ervana nut which would be at least $40 to purchase and have installed... plus lets face it, the EC just looks better.

nick c.

Ec Ftw

xchumfiestax

My vote is for the EC as well

Post to Thread