2009 models - anyone played them?

Updated
BenoA
Hello everyone! Finaly my account is active after many weeks waiting! :D So, does anyone here have managed to play the latest 2009 models? If yes, have you been able to compare the various "Floyd" version that ESP-LTD has put out this year. Floyd Rose Special vs Floyd Rose 1000 Series? How do they compare to other Floyd copies out there? How do they feel? Thanks in advance.
Stratovar1us

I havent played any new models but they are made in indonesia now i think and floyd rose 1000 is a cheaper floyd rose as i heard. hope the quality is not really bad.

btw why it took weeks for activation? it just took a day for me

Weasley

I have an H-401, and it plays a lot better than expected, no quality drop at all from '08.

I don't know shit about floyds.

BenoA

Thanks guys! I'm not too worried (yet) about the quality of the Indonesian guitars, I have a cheapo Jackson made in India that was my main axe for a while and it was not bad at all. My main concern is the price increase but most manufacturers have had a substantial price raise lately... :(

btw why it took weeks for activation? it just took a day for me

I have no idea my friend why it took so long. But at least now my account works!

BenoA

Well, today I managed to play a LTD M-200FM for a few minutes (I was with the wife, so I did not abuse her patience :D). I quite surprised by the Floyd Special. It seems quite stable even under heavy usage and was smooth. It felt way better compared to the one on my LTD M-207.

499$canadian for a neck-thru guitar. I was quite impressed. The neck felt nice too. Thin and fast. Overall finish was quite good. I can not comment much the PUs... Cheap amp and low volume.

But way to go ESP-LTD to put out such a nice guitar at a very decent price.

Mr. Wicked

I'm still waiting for the stores & online stores to start selling the AX-401. I'd love to get that, because I wasn't really into the tribal inlays on the previous model.

BenoA

Mr Wicked, if the AX-401 plays as good as the M-200FM I played today, order it with no worries! And I just looked at it and while the body of the AX is quite funky, the 401 is pretty gorgeous in red!

Post to Thread