MH400NT or something else?

Updated
manicsix
I just sold my schecter c-1 classic, though and excellent sounding guitar, the neck was way too chunky. In my current lineup I've got an ESP stephen carpenter 6-string, and a schecter 006 elite (set-neck). I'm looking for a 3rd guitar to replace the one I just sold. I was wondering if the MH400NT is good buying, even compared to a horizon? I'm a bit worried about the set-neck detracting from the tone? Even with EMGs, would this be noticeable? Both of my neckthru guitars have sounded absolutely brilliant - so I wouldn't mind another neck-thru, but I am on a budget. Another option is the LTD PH600, but I'm having trouble liking the doodle-shaped headstock. Any opinions or other suggestions? Cheers!
Borked Bob

I just sold my schecter c-1 classic, though and excellent sounding guitar, the neck was way too chunky.

In my current lineup I've got an ESP stephen carpenter 6-string, and a schecter 006 elite (set-neck). I'm looking for a 3rd guitar to replace the one I just sold.

I was wondering if the MH400NT is good buying, even compared to a horizon?

I'm a bit worried about the set-neck detracting from the tone? Even with EMGs, would this be noticeable?

Both of my neckthru guitars have sounded absolutely brilliant - so I wouldn't mind another neck-thru, but I am on a budget.

Another option is the LTD PH600, but I'm having trouble liking the doodle-shaped headstock.

Any opinions or other suggestions? Cheers!

those headstocks rule!

you should check out kh602 or m400

Mr. Wicked

I don't think a set neck will kill your tone. Especially if you have EMG's on there.

Justinschut

set necks sound good to me, Id love a MH400NT..

The C1 Hellraiser also looks cool, but everyone says the necks are too chunky..\
anyway, go try the MH400NT, dont think you'll be dissapointed

jsp

The C1 Hellraiser also looks cool, but everyone says the necks are too chunky..\

Those people probably play Ibanez's :\

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

I think Ibanez necks are great :p Havent played one in a while tho, it's my ESP or RAN now and an LTD at home

Post to Thread