Can't decide between 2 models

Updated
d_byrne23
Ok I have a dilemma. Option 1: LTD Viper 1000 Sunburst model with Duncans (custom 5 in bridge?) or Option 2: A B Stock EC 1000 In vintage black, minor dent in the body (doesn't look major) Any comments on either model? I have heard that Vipers are neck heavy, however I have noticed one other thing. The viper's control knobs are further away from the bridge. On the EC the one knob is in an area where I have a bad habbit of brushing up against it while soloing? Is there a way I could make that knob not move like a lock or glue or something? I am just stuck. I like the look of the EC, but don't know how comfortable I am with B stocks, anyone have experience? Thanks guys
d_byrne23

The guy selling the 500 says the tuners are better on the 500 compared to the 1k? Any truth here?

metallifuk86

dunn- they changed up the tuners this year i think. if you don't like em, you can always replace them for under 90$ US with sperzels, gotohs or planet waves anyway, so not much of a concern.

like i said man...whichever one you like the look of better go for. specs are comparable, so its a toss up. my personal pref is EC, but thats just me. are there any music stores around you that you can at least try one out? if not the exact model, then close to it to see how it feels on you, looks on you and if the playing position is even comfortable. on the ECs over the les pauls, they have a little dent in the body to make it more comfortable while sitting down or whatver- helps A LOT.

trev-

d_byrne23

Yeah it sounds like the ec 1k might be the way to go..thanks for the help man

d_byrne23

The vintage black one has the dent, do you think it would be worth an extra $100 to get one of the blue ec 1k's, which isn't dented?

5150-Viper

id go with the viper, moving the strap button similar to gibson sg will cure your neck dive.. also i just prefer the tone i got out of my viper 400 compared to even my ESP eclipse. as a matter of fact the viper 400 is the only guitar i have ever regretted selling.. anyways good luck

d_byrne23

Appreciate the feed back man, thanks

dmetalhead101

If you still need convincing... The EC-1000 is an amazing guitar. Get it. Im extremely biased towards ECs....

MeTal_HeaD

Toronto Kijiji, he'll even deliever it to you for free! I seen the ad too and am tempted; but i think i'd moreless like to just HAVE that guitar rathar then play the shit out of it; you know? And therefore, would like it to be non-dented. I also had the thought of if it dropped; what if it landed in the right spot and cracked the wood from the inside? dont know if its possible, but it was another reason why i didn't check it out.

d_byrne23

Yeah I know, I am just trying to put together a rig, I sold the Ibanez I had and now I want a good guitar with EMG's. Still have to budget for a cab and head. The vipers are just so cheap right now used

d_byrne23

Yeah exactly thats the ad

d_byrne23

Anyone else?

Basically I am not going to go used, I am deciding between a viper 400 or ec 500. I don't feel the neck dive will be an issue, I'm a pretty big guy and if it's bad I will move the strap button. I will be playing through probably a 5150 and 1960a. I like a In Flames/Bleeding Through heavy distorted tone. From pictures it looks like upper fret access is better on the Vipers, any thoughts?

OutlawTorn

Anyone else?

Basically I am not going to go used, I am deciding between a viper 400 or ec 500. I don't feel the neck dive will be an issue, I'm a pretty big guy and if it's bad I will move the strap button. I will be playing through probably a 5150 and 1960a. I like a In Flames/Bleeding Through heavy distorted tone. From pictures it looks like upper fret access is better on the Vipers, any thoughts?

what happened to the 1K series?....viper 400imo

d_byrne23

Used and just because the dent was from a bad drop, I am just a little worried you know. Eventually I know the guitar will be dented from gigs, but I just dont want to drop 700 on something marginal like that.

What do you guys think about the EC 1k in blue? What's the finish like in your opinions

OutlawTorn

get an ESP ;) :p

d_byrne23

If I was in the states I would for sure, in Canada they are awfully priced even used its bruuuuuutal

Post to Thread