Can't decide between 2 models

Updated
d_byrne23
Ok I have a dilemma. Option 1: LTD Viper 1000 Sunburst model with Duncans (custom 5 in bridge?) or Option 2: A B Stock EC 1000 In vintage black, minor dent in the body (doesn't look major) Any comments on either model? I have heard that Vipers are neck heavy, however I have noticed one other thing. The viper's control knobs are further away from the bridge. On the EC the one knob is in an area where I have a bad habbit of brushing up against it while soloing? Is there a way I could make that knob not move like a lock or glue or something? I am just stuck. I like the look of the EC, but don't know how comfortable I am with B stocks, anyone have experience? Thanks guys
d_byrne23

I will probly be playing mainly higher gain stuff, that's why I feel the EMG will probably be better, however I have never played a Custom 5 so I have no idea.

Also is there a big difference between the 400 series and 1000's?

chevie011

there shouldn't be anything wrong with b stocks. its just little things on the guitar that didnt pass qc. i love my ec-1000 (with duncans) and the knobs never get in my way, its a killer guitar

Curt Daddy

I say EC 1k. but I just love Eclipses. :lol

d_byrne23

Fair enough, they are both the same price, with the Viper being new and EC having a dent

Curt Daddy

the dent is pretty much nothing. if you prefer the viper get it.

But I gotta say.

I love the look, the balance, the tone, the over all win of eclipses. so I may seem biased. :lol

d_byrne23

No man I trust you lol..how much should that ding affect the value, what kind of offer should I place?

Curt Daddy

I have no idea dude. that little ding right there would take about 100-150 dollars off if you were buying from guitar center. because I saw a fender standard(american) at GC with a ding like that and it was like 850. but thats GC. lol

d_byrne23

K i'll try it out first, anything else I should be weary of when buying used? I will get to try it out

Curt Daddy

well, you should test it out thru an amp to see if its wired right. other than that, i'd say you're pretty much good to go. and make sure the neck isn't fucked up.

Wrathofkala

I have the EC-1000 and too me it's the best guitar I have ever owned. Here is the list I can compare it too:

BC Rich Warlock - Sold
Jackson Warrior - Sold
Ibanez RG1570 - Sold
Jackson DKMG Dinky - RMA
ESP LTD MH-1000 - Current

gorsch

I'd go EC but would end up putting in passives. I love my EC1K (also amber sunburst) but I also like the vipers. The Viper you would have to move the strap button. Thats really it.

with the knob on the EC you could just wire it run 1 volume and 1 tone. Making the knob in question a "dummy knob" so it wouldnt matter if you hit it.

metallifuk86

teh ec1000 in that color is sooo righteous man. that little ding would happen after a few years of playing/gigging anyway. the viper is coool, but the EC is so classic, so nice playing. i say EC. how much are they going for, if you dont mind sharing?

trev-

d_byrne23

700 Canadian with a hard shell, works out to 563 US..he initially listed it for 800 canadian but I offered 700..is that worth it?

d_byrne23

Or I have the opportunity to grab a black EC 500 for $200 less without a hardshell? What's the difference like between the 500's and 1k's?

metallifuk86

damn- thats adamn good price man. i say go EC1k and have fun. if you played either of them, it comes down to the feel. if not, ec. i think it looks wayy better too. the only vipers i like were the grynches so...who knows

trev-

d_byrne23

Yeah it sucks knowing I won't get to play either of them

Post to Thread