LTD Viper Series

Updated
d_byrne23
For those who do own one. Pro's and Con's of the guitar? I am looking at buying one, just want some feedback. (Whoops 400 series btw)
Curt Daddy

I don't own one but I have played one extensively.

So all I can tell you is...

Pros: the neck is very nice and fast, the pickups( of course if you like actives) are great, the guitar is comfortable to play. substantial weight a bit on the light side but you can tell you have something strapped around you. lol , the rosewood on the one I played was very nice, and the fretwork was very good. one of the best guitars in that price range, as are all the LTD 400 series that i've played.

Con: a bit neck heavy.

Yes, that is the only con I found in this guitar. Otherwise it was a really good guitar for the price range, now i'm not gonna say its as good as an ESP Standard and most definitely not a custom. but it is very much worth the money you pay for it.

d_byrne23

Fair enough thanks man. In terms of it being neck heavy, how does this effect playability when gigging? Just something to get used to or?

Curt Daddy

Yea, just something to get used to sorta. It won't be a real problem if you don't let go of your guitar neck when gigging.

andrei

i think neckheavy guitars suck bigtime...

it's something you're constantly aware off... or manage to suppress just for a short period of time.
this is my oppinion on it.

it's the same problem with the EX: great playability, but neckheavy.

my advice: play it before buying (the wood has a great influence on this issue, that can wary on different guitars of the same model);
see if you can move the stap button (tip of the horn) to balance it;
and get a rough leather strap.

good luck!

Curt Daddy

Neckheaviness is practically a non-issue for me. If I like the tone, looks and over all playability of the guitar then that part is the least of my worries. actually, when I get into it i'm not or rarely am aware of it.

andrei

i guess it is up to personal preference also... i could never realy forget about it (not notice it)... til i moved the strapbutton.
befor buying a new guitar, one should take this into consideration.

d_byrne23

Thanks and another question, how bad is the seymour duncan custom 5 in the 1000 series model? I have never heard of it, and what I have read is that it's pretty bad? Any experience?

Curt Daddy

I dig the custom 5 personally. I actually very much dig it.

d_byrne23

Can you describe the tone? I am most likely going to be playing through a 6505 and a 1960a cab

Curt Daddy

dude, I can barely think straight enough to put forth a half coherent thought, maybe tommorow. but i'm so beat right now. :lol

d_byrne23

Fair enough haha thanks

Post to Thread