My EC 401FM Review

Updated
IHateEveryone
It is short but to the point. This guitar is a beast! I opened the case and my jaws dropped. The See through black color and the black nickle hardware go together perfectly, and the workmanship is outstanding. The neck on this guitar is flawless. It is very smooth and fast, your fingers will simply glide across it. The jumbo frets are a plus. I'm not a big fan of the rosewood fretboard. Ebony would of made this thing complete. I mainly play metal and the active EMG 81/60 combo is amazing. I ended up having it professionally setup. The intonation is excellent and the sustain will last for what seems like forever. The 81's tone and crunch is like a punch to the face. While the 60 has a very nice clean warm tone to it. I highly recommend this guitar.
IHateEveryone

Thank you. I haven't played the older 400's or 500's personally. I have played my friends EC 1000 and it is right up there with it sound and quality wise.

Mr. Wicked

I want to get the AX 401FM.

I've always wanted my guitar to punch me in the face.

thrashinbatman

It looks like a great guitar, I got a EC-256AVB, which I'm not in the process of waiting for them to build it.

johnny00

I had an opportunity to play a new EC-401FM in the black finish. Very impressive. Had a nice neck and a solid feel to it.
One note of interest, it was made in Indonesia, not Korea, and I have to say, it felt better than my 2008 ec-500 to me...which IS made in korea.

johnny00

the neck was perfect as far as i could tell. no sharp edges. actually, it felt more comfortable than my EC 500. really nice feel to the guitar.

Weasley

I just played a blue H-401 today, and I was completely amazed at how great it felt. It also had a flame that was much nicer than one of the EC1000's they had.

I'm considering going back this week and buying it...

gorsch

I also just checked out a EC-401FM in Sam Ash and it's been haunting my dreams since. I was trying to stick to the ESP line (22 frets FTW) but this 401 is very tempting.

gorsch

Doesn't the 401 have 22 frets....?

think the "FM" series is 24, the "VF" series is 22. which ='s ghey. Why would they change that. 22 FTW on 24.75 scale.

honestly though, I'm about to cave and just deal with the 24 frets.

load more replies (1 of 1)
johnny00

yep. awesome guitar. BUT...what about the sound? that is an area where it seems ESP guitars have an edge.
personally, I don't like flamed tops, but the black is subtle. hmmmm. i think i need to go bacl to sam ash and get to know this guitar a little better. :)

Wrathofkala

Sweet guitar for sure! Enjoy man.

Post to Thread