NGD Viper 50 manufacturer code

Updated
Duffy
Does anyone know the manufacturer codes that prefix the serial number? My serial number begins with: IS08********. Is the "IS" the factory code of manufacture and does anyone know what it stands for. It says on the guitar that it was made in Indonesia. Possibly the "I" stands for Indonesia, but the "S" might stand for any factory or other code, but I'm not certain of any of this. Any help in deciphering the "IS" prefix code is appreciated. Thanks, Duffy
OutlawTorn

What does it say next to it?

Duffy

It just has a series of numbers.

I can get them to you when I get home from work.

Thanks for the help.

Duffy

.:st.anger:.

are you concerned about where your axe was made? it should say Korea or Indonesia.

But based on experience - it would seem that anything below a 400 series in the LTD line is an Indonesian made item. I do think you are right about the first character. I have a Korean EX and the serial starts with K...so would make sense

Duffy

Yes, I think the "I" in "IS" stands for Indonesia, but it also says made in Indonesia on the headstock near the serial number, so that is not what my question is about.

Most guitars have a code letter or letters that designates the factory that the axe was made in.

I'm thinking that the "S" stands for the factory. This is how Epiphone does it anyway.

I'm also wondering if the Viper-50 is solid slabs of basswood butted together or laminated sheets of basswood glued in layers.

This info would be of interest to me and I hope someone on the forum has some knowledge of what I'm asking.

I would suppose some guys have been inside the back access panel and have observed the nature of the wood, if it is solid looking or laminated looking.

Thanks in advance,

Duffy

OutlawTorn

im pretty sure they put the country on the headstock, take a pic and post it!

Post to Thread