LTD Viper 7 string

Updated
twiztedchild
I was wondering if anyone here owns one? and if it has a lot of neck dive or not? and if it sounds good with those emgs in it?
DUKE

Pretty sure Drew/darkalone has one and highly recommends it.

twiztedchild

what about the neck dive problem?

naavanka_

I had one for about half a year, i changed the bridge pup to 707 cause the 81-7 just sounded soooo flat and thin imo, 707 did the trick quite well.
I had some trouble to get used to the neck diving but fixed it with a good wide leather strap.
I would highly recommend it but seriously, test it first, really.
I ordered it to my local shop and had never seen one before that one,
the first thing that really got my attention was the actual weight of the guitar, it weighted like 4 friggin kgs:D
second thing was the neck profile, i was very much wider than my previous seven(ltd sc-207) and it felt like ummm, like a quite flat D i think.
I did 2 gigs with the 407 but the neck heaviness got me so i traded it for Ltd sc-607b and i am truly happy now.
I´d recommend you to test one out:)

naavanka_

hehe:D
Blackouts have the same ceramic magnet bars as 81-7 but they sounded a lot better imo.
Try them all out and hear the difference yourself.
I really dunno why some people hate the 707s, of course they have way different tonal quality than the 81-7.
I´d say they are both great but didnt work at least in my viper.
Well, its all a matter of different opinions and what they have used to.
I am quite into the older stuff of heavy metal so i really like pups with alnico magnets.
sorry for babbling and teh bad english

twiztedchild

thats ok, :D yeah I have tryed out the 707TWs in a Schecter I liked those, but I figure it would be too much of a hassle to install for the rewiring thing.

riku

I've got a 607B (maple) with a 707 in the bridge, a 707TW in the mid and the SPC control instead of a tone control. I think it sounds much better than when it had 81-7's

twiztedchild

I was thinking about doing the 707tw in the neck for a single coil sound, but then I played the Shecter Hellraiser again and could Barely tell the differnce. Was only a little louder in a clean setting. but I don't still lol

Post to Thread