MH-250 pics?

Updated
SiLiZiUMM
Hi all, Is there anyone here with a MH-250 (STBLK) that could post good pics of it? Thanks!
SiLiZiUMM

Nice thanks! Do you have one of the back of the guitar, esp. where the neck meets the body?

How do you like to play this guitar so far? I'm asking because I am considering ordering this guitar. In fact, my local store has the MH-400 which is great, but I don't really want to pay for the actives PU on this guitar, passives would be fine for me. The MH-400 is selling for about 835$ (Canadian) at the store, this one may be around 475$. It's a kind of huge step! There should be a guitar between the 2, with the same specs of the 400 minus the actives :D

Wyatt

Sorry dude, no pics of the back at the moment.

This MH is about 5 years old. It has EMG HZ H4's, which are pretty hot for stock passive pup's. I don't play it enough to spend the $200 on active EMG's. I mostly play V's, this is sort of my lap guitar that i just fuck around with while watching tv. The neck reminds me of an Ibanez, wide and thin, really comfortable. It's set up with 11-50's and tuned to D.

The new ones have the ESP brand stock pickups (LH's??) which IMO are total crap. I don't see a need to spend twice the amount on a 400, when you can pick up a 250 and throw in a decent set of pup's and still have some cash left in your pocket.

FALLINGLEGACY

Seriously, go for the 400!
It's so much better than the 250.. I've owned a MH 250 NT and my mate owned an MH 400..
The 400 was overall much better! Not just the hardware + pickups but the the wood was much better.. THe wood on the 250 makes the guitar sound very shitty.. t00 much treble!

just my 2 cents

Wyatt

^^^

I don't seem to have a problem with too much high end. Heavier strings, upgrade pickups, tune down, know how to work the EQ on your amp, using your tone knob are just a few of the things you can do to fix that.

Remember, dude is on a budget. And if I was gunna drop close to a grand on a LTD, it sure as shit wouldn't be a 400 series.

SiLiZiUMM

Update: I found a used MH-300 (red) for around 500$ (canadian) including the hardshell case. The current owner told me he didn't used it much, I'll go see it tuesday. So far, sounds like a nice deal (basically, it's the same specs as the current MH-400, but with EMG-HZ PUs and a flamed top finish instead of QM -- don't know about the tuners yet)!

ScytheMan

what is that star guitar in the backround?

Wyatt

what is that star guitar in the backround?

it's an RS-200, the ultimate neck dive bomber!!

Post to Thread