Esp Ltd B-405sm

Updated
roncubus
I was just wondering about my 2 basses...i currently have a D-5 and a B-405SM...i noticed that the D-5 is heavier than my B-405SM... the D-5 is made from merbau for the body and mahogany/maple for the neck while the B-405SM is made from swamp ash w/ spalted maple top for the body and walnut/maple for the neck... im just a little bit concerned with my B-405SM cuz it doesnt weigh the same with the D-5...which made me think is not normal... i hope you guys can give out insights on why...thanks!
metalhobo

I was just wondering about my 2 basses...i currently have a D-5 and a B-405SM...i noticed that the D-5 is heavier than my B-405SM...

the D-5 is made from merbau for the body and mahogany/maple for the neck while the B-405SM is made from swamp ash w/ spalted maple top for the body and walnut/maple for the neck...

im just a little bit concerned with my B-405SM cuz it doesnt weigh the same with the D-5...which made me think is not normal...

i hope you guys can give out insights on why...thanks!

Swamp Ash is not very dense compared to many other woods.

Even if they were made out of the same woods, their weights would still be likely to vary. Pick up several different guitars of the same model and you will notice that their weights will not necessarily be the same. That's normal.

Post to Thread