Question about the abalone......

Updated
Michael A.
If the majority of people on here complain about the abalone on the deluxe models, why do they buy them? Isn't an EC-500 the same thing as an EC-1000 minus the abalone? It just seems that there are alot more people with 1000's complaining about abalone than there are people championing the 500 series. If the 1000 series didn't sell as well as the 500 series, maybe they would change it and give people wha they seem to be asking for. Is there another difference? This is just an inquiry from a noob regarding some of the comments I have read on this forum. No need for anyone to bite my head off. Just asking.
njrusmc

No head biting here. People like the 1000 models because they are the top of the line LTDs. Basically, a small step down from a true ESP at a substantially cheaper price. People buy the 1000 for its hardware mostly, and also the other attributes that we associate with ESP guitars (playability, reliability, tone, etc). Most of us here feel the abalone is just tacky. It looks like the glitter that teenage girls would wear. I am considering purchasing an MH-1000, but I still do not like the abalone. To me, color and binding of a guitar are at the bottom of my priority list. Hope this helps!

nicknuisance

No head biting here. People like the 1000 models because they are the top of the line LTDs. Basically, a small step down from a true ESP at a substantially cheaper price. People buy the 1000 for its hardware mostly, and also the other attributes that we associate with ESP guitars (playability, reliability, tone, etc). Most of us here feel the abalone is just tacky. It looks like the glitter that teenage girls would wear. I am considering purchasing an MH-1000, but I still do not like the abalone. To me, color and binding of a guitar are at the bottom of my priority list. Hope this helps!

Same here. I've really wanted an EC-1000, an MH-1000, but I never wanted the abalone, so what did I do instead? Bought an MH-301, an Eclipse II VW, and a Horizon NTII. Went up on the quality scale with the 2 ESPs and down on the MH, just because of the beauty.

load more replies (1 of 1)
shred-hed

the 1000's also feature original floyds whereras the 400's only have licensed trems, hopefully that changes with the 401's.

OuijaGuitar

Like a lot of others said. Binding is too much. Frets are sexy.

Dilzdo21

hardware is WAY different bro

and to BOE

guitar made in indonesia and china ar epretty much just slapped together , the wood quality will be less and most importan FIT and FINISH , frets may be sharp , paint flaws and shitty rosewood , there lower priced for a reason and there made in indonesia for a reason . Save cost!

Post to Thread