H-500 for Christmas

Updated
devo420
Well, I officially joined the ESP family. My family got me an H-500 (EMG's/ grey finish) which is exactly what I asked for. They also threw in a monster cable too. Anyone want to suggest some possible upgrades I can save for, for the guitar? Such as better hardware, killswitch, etc.?
Curt Daddy

No, but I would suggest that you post pics.

Dilzdo21

that guitar needs no upgrades unless you like locking tuners

unplugg the neck pickup and make your own killswitch

no need for mods

JonCurcio

Congrats. Pics!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Butch

I'd say she's good just as it is.... Instead of upgrading, you should save my money for a new purchase. I have a h500 as well and thats what i'd do.

njrusmc

The Tonepros bridge is the only upgrade I would consider. The TOM that comes with it works just fine for most intents and purposes.

Agreed with Rex and Butch; just enjoy the stock guitar and plot your next purchase.

sirsloop

18V mod... and a strap? IDK... just play it.

El Jefe

i have a mh-400nt (same guitar different headstock) i put sperzel tuners on it and it honestly wasn't worth it unless you need to change the strings every other day. i would recommend adding another battery to make it 18v

devo420

Wait so I can have dual batteries running? What does each power its own pickup? I have never heard of this.

njrusmc

What Rex said. Use the search function in these forums; this has been discussed many times and there are detailed instructions (with diagrams) on how to perform this mod. It costs about $3 for parts and takes 20 minutes of work if you are very slow and careful. I have been running 18V since the week I got the guitar.

Butch

The 18v mod is worth it... i don't have it in mine but from what people around here say is that its good.

El Jefe

i actually run my mh400nt at 27v! lol but i heard no difference between 18v and 27v, but i had already done it so i left it. when i sell it i'll put it either back to 18 or 9 whatever the buyer wants.
but i did hear a difference between 9v and 18v, so it's worthwhile mod to do.

Post to Thread