Buying necks etc...

Updated
EX454
Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in a VERY long time, and thought you guys would be the best people to ask. I have an EX50 in Titanium, and I want to know a relatively simple question. I would like to change to a reverse headstock, which would mean buying a new neck etc. Would the M-50 neck do you think? Because it's got the same bolts in the same place and stuff and I suppose it would be nice to NOT have a painted neck too. And yes I know the headstock will be black too! If the M-50 neck won't fit, any idea what will? Thanks in advance! James.
1point8t

As long as the screw pattern is drilled in the same location on the EX neck heel vs. the M series, you should be golden. If not, you'll be looking at doweling and redrilling the holes to make it work. Let me tell you, from experience, that swapping a neck that wasn't made for a particular guitar is always trouble in one way or another. Screw holes don't line up, heel widths are off a tad, blah blah blah. I've got a project guitar that I've already had 3 necks on and none of them work to my liking... shit's getting expensive!!

EX454

Lol, thanks, looks like I won't be doing it after all. I just prefer reverse headstocks, that's all. But Lucky13, if I end up doing this down the line, and it works, I'd be happy to sell you the neck, you know it's painted titanium right?

Thanks

James.

Post to Thread