Sound Quality Differences: EC or Viper?

Updated
Sound Quality Differences:  EC or Viper?
other than the esthetics is there any real difference between the EC and Viper? I'm asking if there is really any difference in how they sound or play, not how they look......... I consider myself still a beginner even if I've had @ least a half dozen different LTDs, a few ECs and several Vipers, and I really don't think I could tell them apart, provided they had the same pickups and strings etc. I guess sitting the the EC is easier for me to use because of where the waist is compared to the Viper, it makes the EC seem shorter, however standing they feel the same to me. again I'm just wondering if there really is any sound quality difference........... personally I'm drawn towards the Viper's sinister SG look over the EC, and I like the simple single volume, single tone with the switch in the middle. Just tossing out the question. Dan T
LOL

Yes there will be sound DIFFERENCES. Quality difference though? Shouldn't be, as long as they're in the same model range (250, 401, 1000, SS, ect). The body shape, woods, and all those things will effect the way the guitar sounds.

-Chris

Post to Thread