M400 - is it what I want?

Updated
JimBobTTD
Hello First post here, so be gentle. What I'm after is the Hammett KH602, with neck-through, EMGs etc. - BUT - I don't want the skulls inlays or the link to Hammett. So, my question is: Is there a guitar out there with reverse headstock, 2 EMGs, Floyd, 2 Vols and 1 tone, strat-style switch etc that isn't the Hammett signature? Is the M400 the way to go, and change out the pots to dual-concentric to give me vol/tone for each pickup? The ESP website doesn't look promising, but are there any discontinued guitars that fit the description? Any of you ESP/LTD gurus know? For the record: a pic of Hammett on my wall in 1989ish made me want to play the guitar. He was holding his ESP, and I fell in love with that guitar. But I want my own guitar, not his. I have nothing against him, nor anything against signature guitars. Thanks in advance for any help!
Gravy Tank

The M-400 sounds like it would suit you well. Also, check out ebay, craigslist for some of the older M-300 series (301, 302). They are amazing guitars for the money, just about everyone here will tell you that.

And, welcome to the boards!

MV-CTM

well if you have moniez for the 602, why not get an M-II ?

N3rdAl3rt

m-1000 but it as abalone D:

xbrootALx

m-1000 but it as abalone D:<

Least the M-1k doesn't have it all around the body.

Def. check out eBay man.

And welcome. :)

metalhobo

Save up and get an M-II

JimBobTTD

Oh, I don't have the cash for an M-II or a KH602, and that's a little more than I am willing to throw down on a shredmachine (they are about twice the price of an M400).

I'll look into the M300 series - thanks for the tip. Any more?

Butch

Is that white M1000 out anywhere?

sirsloop

Is that white M1000 out anywhere?

X2... as long as you like the abalone on the fretboard. There's also the RA-600 which has the same M/MH look to it.

load more replies (4 of 4)
JimBobTTD

Well, I got the M400 and I am very pleased with it.

The sound difference between the EMG-81s at the bridge and neck is a bit slim, though. Any suggestions for a different neck pickup? I'm leaning towards an EMG 60. I'll also put concentric pots on the controls, so I can have dual volumes and tones.

Butch

How much did it set you back? Where you got it from?

edit: Pics dude pics!!!!!!!!!

Butch

Bump for the pics!

Borked Bob

these are such nice guitars... gonna get one next summer :D

njrusmc

Beautiful guitars! I would kill for an MH-400NT in white!

Anyway, the M400 is a sweet guitar. I would suggest the M1000 just for the better trem, but LTD 400 series guitars are great for the money. Spent $550 on my 2006 edition MH400NT and it blows away $1000 Ibanez's like its cool.

mrclean77

Beautiful guitars! I would kill for an MH-400NT in white!

big ol' +1

Post to Thread