Played a LTD F2E today

Updated
Mr Pigwalk
What a hunk of shit. I've been interested in seeing how Vietnamese guitar quality can be. Well it seems like it can't be. Right off the bat, the sides of the fretboard looked like it was miscut and beat up a little. Felt strange sliding your hand up and down. The thing had no resonance whatsoever, just felt very dead. Looked like a piece of Ikea furniture in person. Pickups were bleh, very bleh. You know how sometimes you pick up a guitar, and you just can't riff on it no matter what because it feels so bad? This was it folks. Afterwards I tried out a seethru blue EC1K which was INCREDIBLE in every way. Looked great, played awesome, I was lost in it for a while just rockin out, perfect action on the neck, no buzz, I hadn't played EMG's in a while, and it was just nice to use them again, totally outclassed the F2E in every way.
El Jefe

dang, sucks to hear that. i love the look of the ebony series

DUKE

dang, sucks to hear that. i love the look of the ebony series

+1 :(

I was really hoping to get one of those someday. Definitely dig the F vs the AX version of the ebony series, plus the coil-tapping appealed to me as well. Might go try it out myself to see how it really is.

Mr Pigwalk

Usually those lower end model can be hit or miss, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone got their hands on a nicer one. It was pretty cheap though, I think it was under 400 closer to 300 (after playing it I didn't really care) but there were better guitars in that price range in the store.

It does NOT look nearly as nice IRL as it does on the site pics. They had a F400FM in the store too, played it a few weeks earlier. No contest between the two.

It's nice to have moved into an apt that's within walking distance of the local ESP dealer :).

DUKE

It's nice to have moved into an apt that's within walking distance of the local ESP dealer :).

LOL, nice! Local dealer in my town is like 20 mins. away. I think I'll be driving there this Thurs. to see what they've got. I really want to check out the EC-256s given they have it, but from what I've heard they're made in Vietnam too, yes?

I'm just crossing my fingers on this one. Hahaha

load more replies (1 of 1)
sirsloop

I wouldn't touch a guitar like that in the first place...might as well get a friggin warlock or some bs...

Post to Thread