Ec-256

Updated
socraticcircles
When will these be hitting stores? I've seen them on eBay but not in person yet.
gab4554

I think they are.

Dilzdo21

already in stores, but dont count on every store getting them

LTDnut

wow thats pretty nice. I haven't seen em in stores like sam ash.

Mr Pigwalk

Where are these made? Nice to see a Mahogany guitar at what I'm guessing will be a decent price.

thesparkeffect

Visited the guitar shop tonight - the shop just received some EC 256s in stock, mostly Vintage Black I believe. This guitar looks killer in person and I was shocked to see a price tag of only $350!. I will be back soon to try out and see if I can get another few bucks off. I am looking forward to a review from whoever is the first to be a proud owner. -thomas

DUKE

This guitar looks killer in person and I was shocked to see a price tag of only $350!.

Holy crap, really? Damn, that's a really good deal then...I might just have to pick one of these up, that is seriously an awesome price for it. I've seen 'em pop up on the 'bay for maybe $399-$499

sahlomonic

A shop around here called Spencer's has an ESP license. I emailed them yesterday about having the EC-256 in stock and they say they can have them in as little as 2 weeks. I'm definitely ordering one!

SirZozzo

what's EC256's body kind of EC400VF of EC500

Throne_Of_Lunacy

That thing is sweet!

TheFue

Are these arch-tops, or do my eyes deceive me?

Dilzdo21

yes arch tops with all ma-hog-o-saurus neck and body

relic too

CazualParanoia

I just saw one of these in my local guitar shop and I was blown away by how great it looked. I played it and it was so awesome. If you had put ESP on the headstock instead of LTD I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I plugged in to a Marshall Vintage Modern halfstack and it sounded so killer. I thought it was a deluxe series LTD, but to my surprise it was only an EC-256. I'm going tomorrow to buy mine in Vintage Honeyburst. It doesn't even feel cheap! I can't stress that enough. The quality of all LTD instruments is top notch. I'll post pics. Promise.

Michael A.

I have been interested in one of these as well. I have an Eclipse II Standard in the VHB. I also have an LTD EC400-AT in black. Thinking about the VHB model to have one to play with and not care too much if I drop it or scratch it etc....... The made in Vietnam is really not an issue for me. I have a GL-256 that was made there and I am perfectly happy with it. I think you can get a good or a bad one no matter where its made. Chances of a bad one may be greater on average....but that doesn't mean you can't find a diamond in the rough.

TheFue

I'm gonna assume the 256 isn't full thickness, but what about that gawd-awful belly cut? I really like how the aged black isn't too aged, and hell is I absolutely hate that I can paint it.

The belly cut is the deal breaker right now, cause i hate the way it feels.

Post to Thread