Who Has The Ltd Ec-1000vb...what Do You Think?

Updated
garyjfoster
i like to see what you guys think of it.
gab4554

Pretty good axe. I loved cause its the only EC1k series without fking abalone. But id rather have a real black beauty instead of a copy

Meshuggahman106

I own one. I like mine alot, but there isnt much difference between the guitar and other guitars that I own. And unfortunately, thats why I'm going to have to sell it.

garyjfoster

yeah i got one on sunday..and i havent used it with the band yet...i tell ya the truth i have 2 viper 400's with tone pros and locking tuners and the mc 600 and the mc 200 as well ith locking tuners and the tone pros...i like them better...their is something about this guitar that does not thrill me...im going to return it this weekend.

Meshuggahman106

That's how i felt man. There wasn't much spark to it for me.
Nice looking, but just okay as far as playability goes.

OutlawTorn

i played the ESP Eclipse-IIVB before playing the EC1KVB.....the ec is solid but the ESP destroyed it, so i instantly didnt like it as much

mikerockstar

I own one.

I've played a number of LTDs and ESPs in shops, and I personally really love my EC-1000VB. Love the look of it, too. Really classy with the ebony fretboard, flat black finish with gold hardware and binding. Locking tuners work great. It plays great and sounds great with the active 60/81 set (I'm a big fan of active pups).

I've had it for about 2 years (roughly) and have never thought about selling it or trading it. I would love to own a second one eventually (or an actual ESP Eclipse), like maybe the See-Thru Blue, or white.

metalhobo

Shame it has 24 frets.

Mr.Dahl

Shame it has 24 frets.

hmmm.... why??

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

Im thinking about getting one as well, but to accompany my VHB i have, and i would like the 24 frets to disappear, but its no great thing as i dont venture beyond the 17th much.

Im prmarily getting it as i cant afford a Eclipse II VW or ESP Truckster at the moment, but i know that the EC-1Ks are quality instruments.

And the fact it has EMGs is ok for now, but the fact the EMGs would have get riped out at a later date is the thing that is the only negitive as id be replasing them with BKPs.

If there was a VB with passives in it id probably go with that first.

mr van

I own a white 2008 EC1000 and Esp Viper standard. My Esp Viper is an amazing guitar, which i reeeeeaallly like. I got the EC as a back up and as a replacement for my Viper 400, which i didnt like, and havent played a lot.

The EC amazed me totally, i had to get used to the neck a little. And when i changed the EMG's by a SD sh5 (duncan custom, bridge) and a sh1 ('59, neck) it sounds reaally great. At this moment it's even the fist guitar i pick when i want to play.

yearofthespider2k3

I like mine but I as well have the mc-600 and it totally kills the ec. I would like to have a shot at another ec though maybe a 500 model in white. I do like it but it just doesn't suit my style of playing as well as the viper. I also don't really like the emgs. Im more of a passive guy. I love the duncan ditortion.

Tim H.

I own one

The bad thing about the guitar is that every time you pick up another guitar, you think they suck.

Oh and i don't really like that one pickup (can't tell if it's neck or bridge) but the Lead one, it's to clear/bright and hasn't got any body. It is good for metal of course, when you turn up the volume/gain, but I prefer the Rythm pickup, which has a nice full/fat tone. Love it with a nice overdrive, little delay, and some Gary Moore blues! It is also good for some Lamb of God-like metal. =)

SuperDuperNaut

I love mine. If you can really only spend 900 as opposed to 1400 you wont be disappointed. I especially love the feeling of the neck, thats why I dont think Ill ever sell it.

kbause

if any of you guys who don't like your EC-1000 VBs are looking to sell message me. :)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Kannon

I liked mine a lot but I've grown into a different direction with respect to what guitars I like playing. I'm thinking of selling mine (along with a Coffin Case for it).

brandono61cr

Well built but I have never had that "click" when I play an ec .but I'm a total strat guy so take it or leave it lol

ammar

I have a VB, solid, looks good and the neck is smooth.

The matte finish will become glossy overtime, i have an LTD F-2005 and it looks glossy where i place my right arm and the back of the neck. But hey, i got it 5 years ago.

The 1000 series is a quality built guitar. I love the VB look, thinking to put in some gold EMGs.

Nagash

I don't own it but I play it several hours every week at the guitar shop, it pwns

Post to Thread