MHB-400;Maple or Mahogany

Updated
W.Napoleon
This really bugs me out. In the ESP site and most Finnish internet musicstores it say the MHB-400 has a mahogany body, and then in most of the reviews in internet and ESP catalouges say maple body. Is it because they have changed it, and if so, which is it now.
bloodstyle

I believe that 400 series are all mahogany (except the M-400 and the FM-408). so It is mahogany. if you're not very sure go to a guitar shop and take it in ur hand.. if it's kinda heavy it is mahogany.

maybe other review says that it is mapple body because of some mahogany body with a flame mapple top (dunno if mhb-400 have some mapple top finish)

AND well.. the body if half mapple and half mahogany because it is a NECK THRU

metalhobo

if you're not very sure go to a guitar shop and take it in ur hand.. if it's kinda heavy it is mahogany.

Dude, get a clue. Maple is heavier than Mahogany.

Napolean: just call up ESP and ask them.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gfunk

I believe that 400 series are all mahogany (except the M-400 and the FM-408). so It is mahogany. if you're not very sure go to a guitar shop and take it in ur hand.. if it's kinda heavy it is mahogany.

maybe other review says that it is mapple body because of some mahogany body with a flame mapple top (dunno if mhb-400 have some mapple top finish)

AND well.. the body if half mapple and half mahogany because it is a NECK THRU

?Whah?

Curt Daddy

play a kerry king (the 1000 dollar one) warlock and then play an nj deluxe and the kk warlock is heavier. so yeah maple is heavier than mahogany dude.

MV-CTM

maple is a lot heavier, the old M-1000s weighed more than les pauls

metalhobo

maple is a lot heavier, the old M-1000s weighed more than les pauls

Holy shit, the old M-1000s had maple wings? That thing must've sustained like a mofo. Fuck, want. My dream guit is an all-maple NTB Strat with a 2" thick body and one piece maple neck/fretboard. With a Strathead of course!

W.Napoleon

I suppose i would trust the ESP site (where it says mahogany body) rather than an internet musicstore, but I need to know for sure, since it I don't have the possibilty to play the guitar unless I order it, and then make the decision wheter to buy it.

xchumfiestax

I suppose i would trust the ESP site (where it says mahogany body) rather than an internet musicstore, but I need to know for sure, since it I don't have the possibilty to play the guitar unless I order it, and then make the decision wheter to buy it.

where on the ESP site does it say the MHB-400 is made of mahogany?

Edit:

Ah ha!

I see they changed the specs this year

now I understand the confusion

load more replies (1 of 1)
sirsloop

dude... just take off the back cover and have a look. Its easy to tell.

xchumfiestax

What if I have to go to the bathroom? :(

and btw, did somebody steal our emotes?

metalhobo

They aren't enabled on the LTD forum :(

load more replies (2 of 2)
Piney Hills Music

WEAR A DEPENDS>>

GRRRRRRr

:lol

Yoshi

Im sure the MHB-400 was never a maple body guitar. If i remember correctly, the hb-300 was maple or alder...

Gfunk

Im sure the MHB-400 was never a maple body guitar.

I guess the specs have been wrong every year since 2004:

MHB-400 Baritone

Construction: Neck-thru-body
Scale: 27” baritone
Body: Maple
Neck/Fretboard: 3-pc. maple/rosewood
Inlays: Offset blocks w/name at 12th fret
Pickups: EMG-81 active set
Electronics: Volume, tone, 3-way toggle
Hardware: Black + Earvana compensated nut & Grover tuners
Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/string-thru-body
Binding: White (neck, headstock)
Frets: 24 XJ
Colors: BLKS

They should edit these links.

ESP

The body used to be maple, but has since changed over to mahogany...

MV-CTM

The body used to be maple, but has since changed over to mahogany...
you know the fact that it was maple was the only reason anybody bought it...

Post to Thread