"Beater" guitar

Updated
TheFue
My friend is offering to sell me an F-50 for $80, is it worth it to get this thing for something to plink on at school, or do the 50-series suck so hard I shouldn't even bother and would wind up getting more pissed off than just playing?
daddydoomsday

^if you want it, get it. $80 is a good deal. Even though the LTD-50 series is the cheapest series, they are not all that bad and actually great for a beater guitar.

DeathrollJM

the 50 models are pretty solid. my f-50 plays as well as the higher end LTD guitars.

$80 is a steal if there is nothing wrong with it.

TheFue

thanks guys, my concern was I knew the 50-series was the lwoer end, but i didn't know How much lower-end.

ShreddyMcFunTits

It's obviously very much lower end compared to the high end Ltd's.

but for $80 you can't say it wasn't a good deal.

andrei

if the neck and frets are ok (straight neck, no major fretwear / low action), get it!

racer4200

Ya, the 50 series are actually decent guitars. I rock my EC-50 and EX-50 quite a bit. I have an EC-400 and EC-1000 and they are awesome, but the 50 with an EMG kicks ass and I don't have to worry about putting dings in it. The neck isn't as thin though but its not really an issue. Plus my 50 brings out more creativity for some weird reason. 80 bucks is a good deal IMO. I have plenty of cheap guitars and none of them stack up to my 50. Good luck, post pics...

Post to Thread