damaged fingerboard?

Updated
Borked Bob
well basically i was testing a ec 400vf and noticed like yellow lines in the fingerboard is it damaged or just badly painted and how is it fixed? btw i bought the guitar and im picking up tomorrow so ill post pics in the ltd pic thread
sirsloop

so these yellow lines are in the grain of the wood like the fingerboard had been painted, then sanded down? Lol... sounds like a good excuse to scallop the fingerboard!

Rohis

more then likely it's just dust from sanding stuck in the grain of the wood, try cleaning it with lemon oil a couple times.

Borked Bob

smash that sounds kinda like it.. i called em up and they told me to bring it so im gonna do that now

sirsloop

btw, dont use lemon oil on dark woods like rosewood or ebony. Only use it on light stuff like maple. Use Guitar Honey on the dark stuff.

tee5150ii

btw, dont use lemon oil on dark woods like rosewood or ebony. Only use it on light stuff like maple.

Who learnt you how to spoke? Lemon oil is great for rosewood and ebony. Don't use anything on Maple like lemon oil.

Anyways, GNoob, is it possible to circle the yellow lines you're referring to? The flash is making it hard to see the lines. Or at least I can't see them.

Borked Bob

ooh thanks for that i almost put some on anyway i went to the shop and this is what happened
"hi, how can i help"
"hi uh... i bought a guitar here a couple days ago and im not too happy with the fingerboard" (shows guitar)
"oh thats no problem its just the wood used is alive"
"in other words?"
"your guitar is alive"
"right" *i walk out*

metalhobo

Better pics of the board?

Dilzdo21

its alive? LOL ummmmmmmm

Borked Bob

metalhobo ill TRY and get a clear pic of it

tee5150ii

Nothing to worry about. Get some legit Lemon Oil made for guitar fretboards and get a nice coat on there. It may wear away over time. All in all, if you're really unhappy about it then maybe consult a tech about it, but I'd say just don't worry about it.

Borked Bob

ok thx for the help ill put some lemon oil on tomorrow

Borked Bob

but it will hide it yeah so i dont see it? cus i dont like it :P

Post to Thread