sticky/gloss vs satin finish neck?

Updated
xdaynex
heyy i have a satin finished neck on one of my guitars, and im just curious how big of a difference it would be if i bought a guitar with a gloss finish neck. ive heard that they stick to your fingers and stuff, and is it really hard to sand them down?
El Jefe

depends on gloss finish it is, from my experience my poly finished guitars don't get sticky, but my nitro finished ones do. i like the feel of them all i guess, but i have to wipe down the neck of my nitro finished ones every few songs.

Rohis

Satin becomes glossy pretty quick anyway.

If you keep your guitar out of extreme humidity it won't get too sticky, and mostly only nitro finished guitars get sticky.

ESPs are all poly finished.

Yoshi

satin is the best for me. Never gets sticky.

Matthew

I've never had a problem with painted necks. I choose to believe all the people that complain about them are liars.

KH Guitar Freak

Worn satin necks FTW!!!

Gfunk

I've never had a problem with painted necks. I choose to believe all the people that complain about them are liars.

lol

ESPANDY16

+1000

Megadeth7684

And how many guitars have you played? 10? Some painted necks get extremely sticky (Gibson) and are very tough to play when your hands are sweating. Other painted necks never get sticky (Caparison).

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dilzdo21

huge difference , will never buy a painted neck , thats one spec on the custom sheet that will never change

Gfunk

thats one spec on the custom sheet that will never change

You ordered a custom?

Specs please.

Dilzdo21

lol funk

im saying if i ever did , my dream guitar would def not have a painted neck

and ive put in acouple sheets already , price is just crazy

Post to Thread