Ltd B-254!

Updated
wiseblood
Anybody Have One, And Can Tell Me Anything About It, The Good The Bad, And The Ugly!!
IbbySRX

As part of my collection, I have an older B-154 which I really like. I tried some of the 2006-07 254's in my local store. Advantages included thru-neck design with string thru, similar stock head as the body wood, and the extra band of eq. Both with agathis bodies. I know a lot of folks don't like agathis, but in this case, I think the lower end LTD's sound pretty decent with that type of wood. I don't believe LTD 2008 models include a 254, at least I didn't see on in the web site section. I would take a serious look at the 2008 154dx. I haven't seen one in my store yet, but improvements include string thru design and 3 band eq vs. the old 2 band. The one thing I liked about the 154 vs. the 254 is the unfinished oiled maple neck wiht the 154. I've always liked those kind of necks...fast action vs the lacquered finished of the 254. Maybe it's just me, but I have a harder time playing on those finished necks, expecially with sweat. But make no mistake about it, the 254 is a great bass. I think Rex Rocker has 5 stringer, infact, he's posted pics before. It's a very solid bass, great tone, action and eq.

Skin N. Bones

Very nice.

moosemeister

That looks cool. Atleast your see thru black looks gray instead of purple.

I would go for Ampeg if you have the money.

Weasley

as asked in the bugera 333 thread, why caps every word?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread