Esp Ltd M-302..

Updated
5150-Viper
just seeing if anyone else around here has one... i still can't get over how nice these guitars are.. I have a flame topped maroon colored one and my other guitarist uses a natural flamed 302.. i dropped some active EMG's in it and the thing sounds brutal. ESP should re-release these guitars...
gorsch

I dont see what makes it different from my M200FM. It's even the same color.

Mines got real EMG's in it though.

And it may be for sale for way cheaper than that.

metalhobo

I dont see what makes it different from my M200FM. It's even the same color.

Mines got real EMG's in it though.

And it may be for sale for way cheaper than that.

It's got mahog wings instead of agathis ones.

load more replies (1 of 1)
1point8t

The older LTD's seem to be a lot better quality wise too... I see way too many inconsistencies with the newer ones, ie sloppy binding, paint work, irregular bookmatching and weak flame tops, etc.

Robotsatemygrandma

The older LTD's seem to be a lot better quality wise too... I see way too many inconsistencies with the newer ones, ie sloppy binding, paint work, irregular bookmatching and weak flame tops, etc.

Word. I love my MH-300. Neck Through construction with Mahogany wings and a decent licensed Floyd Rose. Thing is light years beyond my MH-100 and plays just as well as a M1000. Only things I would change on my MH-300 is the Color and tuners. Pickups have already been swapped out for a '59 Trembucker.

I'd love to get my hands on a Natural M-302 or a SC-500.

Matthew S.
Robotsatemygrandma wrote:
The older LTD's seem to be a lot better quality wise too... I see way too many inconsistencies with the newer ones, ie sloppy binding, paint work, irregular bookmatching and weak flame tops, etc. Word. I love my MH-300. Neck Through construction with Mahogany wings and a decent licensed Floyd Rose. Thing is light years beyond my MH-100 and plays just as well as a M1000. Only things I would change on my MH-300 is the Color and tuners. Pickups have already been swapped out for a '59 Trembucker. I'd love to get my hands on a Natural M-302 or a SC-500.

What's a natural m 302 

gorsch

my M200fm is old. I saw a new one at sam ash and wouldn't buy it now. it looks like they improved the trem but cut back on everything else. Actaully the only reason I'd say the trem was improved is because it looks like you could just drop in a OFR. Mine came with the Low pro Licensed copy.

Poo Poo in other words.

1point8t

Yep, a green SC500 has been on my mind for a few years now. I've maybe seen 4 or 5 pop up on ebay, but I never have the loot when they're around.

takesnogutz666

even if LTD's quality has decreased, they still kick the shit out of the comparible jacksons and ibanez's. it seems like every guitar maker has decreased in quality.

gorsch

even if LTD's quality has decreased, they still kick the shit out of the comparible jacksons and ibanez's. it seems like every guitar maker has decreased in quality.

and increased in price. Cough cough....Jackson.

Mr Pigwalk

Jackson's the only company I can think of off the top of my head that offers Japanese made guitars around the 600 dollar range. I'm not vouching for their quality, but MIJ for ESP is around 1100 or so, and MIJ for Ibanez is around 1000+ for some prestiges?

gorsch

Have you played these Jackson's? I'd much rather pick up any LTD 400 series guitar. I love Jacksons high end stuff. I'm just not a fan of bolt on's.

5150-Viper

^^ agreed that looks really nice, i was considering a chrome floyd on my red 302, but im just nervous it may not look good..

Jace Kiburz

Those are both evolutions.. i was thinking about trying an evo2 for the bridge though

Matthew S.
5150-Viper wrote:
just seeing if anyone else around here has one... i still can't get over how nice these guitars are.. I have a flame topped maroon colored one and my other guitarist uses a natural flamed 302.. i dropped some active EMG's in it and the thing sounds brutal. ESP should re-release these guitars...

I have one . I don't know the value of it . I bought from second hand for 500 . Mines made in Korea and not China . So isn't it the last of the it's made in Korea which I hear is 1.000 times better than China in quality . ? 

Best feeling guitar I've had in terms of neck and just plays like butter . I have original pickups and I've read lots of reviews that say to replace them as they are weak . 

Only trouble I've had is the Allen key nuts were rounded . So when I had a string change they only lasted that one time and couldn't be tighten back up . Can't find nuts so g tech put strings through like a normal bridge . Mines maple 

Post to Thread