LTD vs. Kramer

Updated
Hemmelight
Hey, all. First post, I just hope this hasn't been asked before. I have been looking for a good long while at an intermediate level guitar in the $300 range. I am pretty serious about learning to shred, and one day I hope to make it big. (don't we all) And yes, I am aware of the time and effort needed. :) I am stuck on the M-100FM and the Kramer Striker FR-422SM. I like the LTD because I love the look of Michael Romeo's ESP in his instructional vid, and that video led me to ESP. However, I greatly prefer maple fretboards. Help! The sound I'm going for is a kind of Timo Tolkki tone from the Destiny track. Thanks!
SpiderPig

Ec50.

Mr Pigwalk

in that price bracket Kramer REAMS Ltd's.

Hemmelight

So the Kramer is really that much better than the LTD? I wasn't sure what kind of rep Kramer had, what with being owned by Gibson. And I'm not really a fan of Gibson at all.

As for the EC50, I actually really hate the Les Paul shape. My favourite guitar is the super strat kind, so I'm mainly looking for a nice shredder's guitar with a floyd. as I said before, maple fretboard is ideal.

EDIT: Oh and for the Destiny track, I forgot to mention that it was from Stratovarius' "Destiny" album. :P

Bloopt

the mh-103qm or m-103fm each features a maple fretboards AND floyd rose. with your price range u can get those easily. :)

njrusmc

Agreed, get the Kramer, much better hardware and construction materials on the low end. Though I will never part with high end LTD's :)

Dilzdo21

Agreed, get the Kramer, much better hardware and construction materials on the low end. Though I will never part with high end LTD's :)

you live near strong memorial?

i would save up for a better LTD, one u go esp you never go back

1point8t

Or better yet, buy a used Kramer Focus guitar from the 80's. Same body woods, necks as the US models, a REAL Floyd Rose trem, and excellent quality hardware and pickups. You could find one easily for $300-350 and be way ahead of the game. I'd rate the build quality with the 1000 series. And I speak from experience...

ibanezaholic

krammer >Ltd-50-100 series.

like somone said hit up the pawn shops , ebay or even rondo music. score a deal on somthing and have fun with it until you decide if playing guitar is for you.

the_emptier

idk dude, i always see great deals on pre-fallout/gibson owned kramers and they play fucking amazing.

Mr Pigwalk

even the post gibson musicyo kramers are graet playing guitars. When I bought mine the Vanguard was 170 shipped WITH a hardcase. Now I believe it's close to 100 bucks more without the case. Not so sure if it's worth it at that price , but if it's the same quality as when i bought it (2000) you won't be disappointed.

Hemmelight

Cool, thanks guys!

I really want that Kramer, but after shipping and things, I don't know. I can see it coming out at way more than what most of you guys paid, because i'm in Canada. Shipping is ok (around 55$) but customs and things like that make it not seem worth it. TBH, I'm probably just going to go to my local music shop, and pick out something used and awesome. Heck, maybe I'll find my dream Ibanez while I'm there(RG550).

Also, I'll be getting a job real soon so I might just end up with something even better than the Kramer. M-1000, anyone? xP

Post to Thread