I don't know why...

Updated
SirZozzo
I'm planning to buy ESP LTD EC-1000VB But last time I check on Ebay and ESP website, I'm so confused because new spec of EC-1000: EC-1000 VB * Set-Neck * 24.75” Scale * Mahogany Body * Mahogany Neck * Ebony Fingerboard * 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut * Thin U Neck Contour * 24 XJ Frets * Gold Hardware * ESP Locking Tuners <- that's my problem * Tonepros Locking Bridge & Tail * EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u. * Finish: VB older spec: Tuners: Sperzel locking So, could somebody explain for me about this ?
Gravy Tank

I've heard that the ESP locking tuners are just as good, if not better, than the Sperzels. Don't quote me on this one, but I heard that they're made by Schaller, but I'm not certain.

___KC___

yeah , I think they are made by schaller, but again, not sure.

gorsch

they're good. Buy it. You wont be disappointed. I'm buying the same model. I already own the EC1K in Amber sunburst. SOOO SWEEEETTT.

metalhobo

I think they stopped using the Sperzels because Sperzel was being gay about supplying the tuners or something. Can anybody confirm?

gab4554

Idk but in 06 they used Sperzel, then Schallers in 07 and now their own in 08.

SirZozzo

anyone here have experience with ESP Locking Tuners (not cheap ESP Tuners) ?

SuperDuperNaut

i would ask the mod what caused the switch. i am already assuming the quality wil be equal though.

Meshuggahman106

I just played a new one that had just come in at SamAsh, and the tuners we're pretty good. But, the guitar must have weighed AT LEAST 8 pounds, if not more. I just ordered the same model (2008) and i am hoping it will not be THAT heavy.

Gfunk

the guitar must have weighed AT LEAST 8 pounds, if not more. I just ordered the same model (2008) and i am hoping it will not be THAT heavy.

Gym time.

load more replies (1 of 1)
metalhobo

heavy weight = good tonez

Meshuggahman106

heavy weight = good tonez

Yeah, i know, I just wasn't expecting to be so heavy since the older models were so light.

Post to Thread