Need a new guitar

Updated
ScytheMan
I have been looking for months and I want some of your guys opinions. I play mostly metal rock and some blues occasionally and my price range is up to 1200 bucks. I love the alexis and the roope but the japanese alexis are my favorites and the b music roope is out of the question(btw not a bodom fanboy :p)
the_emptier

get an edwards alexi.

bloodstyle

i'd say go for a MH-1000 as it have a tremolo and it can look as metal as blues style.

Brian

get an edwards alexi.

+1

load more replies (1 of 1)
hessian101

get an edwards alexi.

^+1

The edwards alexis are supposed to be almost as good as actual esp's, and and are superior to the american ones (they look better, too IMO).

ScytheMan

Sorry blood but I can't stand all the friggin' abalone on the 1000s but thanx for the suggestion

bloodstyle

Sorry blood but I can't stand all the friggin' abalone on the 1000s but thanx for the suggestion

yeah it hurts the eyes of some people. oh and... well.. i dont want to make propaganda for other company, but you might look for a dean DIME USA razorback V too. it looks killer.

but the fact is that if you buy a V style guitar... you won't look so blues. I actually have double emg 81 pups and when you put it on the neck + you put the bass at 10 on the amp the sound is very smooth and blues.

ESPANDY16

I have been looking for months and I want some of your guys opinions. I play mostly metal rock and some blues occasionally and my price range is up to 1200 bucks. I love the alexis and the roope but the japanese alexis are my favorites and the b music roope is out of the question(btw not a bodom fanboy :p)

why dont you go with and eclipse then if you get like a solide color one like the white or black itll look both metal or blues and will work well for both.

on the other hand you could get a gus g model and it should play blues pretty well with the singal coil split and whatnot, but it wont look the part in my opinion but you did say you liked the roope so your call...

N3rdAl3rt

m-1k, mh-1k, edwards alexi

ScytheMan

I think i may get that edwards that AlexiWildChild has but I'm so overwhelmed with all those great guitars

exhibit-sbt

Samash just had a clearing on the ltd alexis, 700 bucks. I bought one and they threw in a case free. Didn't think I would take a liking the the HZ-4 pickup in there, since I use mostly EMG81s for my bridges, but a few amp tweaks and it sounds great, near the bodom sound on my peavey xxx. Course I have to use the ultra channel now instead of the crunch, and I run my ts9 all the time but not jacked up. Just flip a coin and get some form of an alexi guitar, they turn heads and def. are worth it.

ScytheMan

yeah probly clearing it because of the new ones with the SD blackouts

MV-CTM

just btw, Dean ships the razorbacks in paper boxes, lol, so don't be surprised if you get one and something is broken on it

damn SadButTruely that's a good deal w/teh case and all

ibanezaholic

get a strat with a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge. then you get the blues'y tone and look down. and you can play metal

OutlawTorn

get a strat with a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge. then you get the blues'y tone and look down. and you can play metal

Hotrail sounds pretty good

ScytheMan

Already got a strat

Post to Thread