New Paint Process Pics

Updated
MeTal_HeaD
Alright, I figured i'd post the pics of my paintjob..its not complete yet, but i have a few pics of how it went down; The paint colour is "Charcoal Pearl", using DupliColor automotive paint (Nissan colour).
MeTal_HeaD

stage 2

MeTal_HeaD

WoodPutty repairing

load more replies (1 of 1)
itsallinmyh3ad

Wow...that's looking really awesome. It's basically another guitar!

MeTal_HeaD

Oh for sure, It was scratched up pretty good when i got it, it was 'flat black' over its stock gunmetal blue - with some airbrushing on the body. Also picked up some new EMG's for it (60/81).

EXPer

Looks great man, keep us posted with the updates

Brian

Nice job so far!

MeTal_HeaD

Here's another shot of the Pearl. Top coat will go on this week.

bloodstyle

can't wait to see the finish :)

moosemeister

holy shit man. good job.

indytruckboy

Can't you just spray over it?

You could wait a few weeks for the paint to dry, and then sand it. But I would just spray over.

MV-CTM

that paint looks really nice, sucks about that white shit :/

MeTal_HeaD

oh, it was mixed in with the top coat - clear. so its a clear-coat-white-blotchy mess that i'm HOPING will sand out after it cures.

MeTal_HeaD

Alright ; i dont know if anyone was still curious to see the final result but here it is. Finally done - it came out really well. Was able to do up a LTD logo via computer and printer. And also made a replica of the serial number for added charm - both are under the clear coat.

the family shot of guitar's is always nice to see too - Charvel Spectrum, Jackson SLSMG Soloist, and the EX-351.

Enjoy, and thanks for viewing.

**EDIT**
forgot to mention; put in EMG 60/81 in the Explorer, and EMG 81/85's in the Jackson, and the jackson is showing off its new bone string-nut :)

mbesp

Nice work. That looks really good.

sirsloop

Shouda made it an ESP custom while you were at it!! HAHAH! Ricer style...

Lookin nice!

Treater

turned out great !

ShreddyMcFunTits

Nice, but it looks better without the paint tbh.

EDIT: what's the Jackson SLSMG like, I was thinking of picking one up but wanted to know what it was like first.

MeTal_HeaD

Haha - i was to to just keep it wood also - but i'm not a wood fan! I really like the Jackson; it is the 2002 model (Came with EMG H3's) but its defientaly very very nice - only thing it doesn't have is the floyd rose...oh well - test one out!

Thanks for all the kind words ont he paint everyone :)

Post to Thread