m400 anyone?

Updated
takesnogutz666
does anyone know much about this guitar? it doesnt seem like it gets a lot of attention, i own an m-100fm and its a pretty cool guitar, but im looking to upgrade to either an esp mh-400 or an m-400. the mh-400 is pretty sweet, but how does the m-400 compare to it?
coyote

Depends on what your looking for. The M-400 is alder so it going to be a little brighter sounding. The necks a tiny bit wider and thinner then the MH-400. Both are good guitars.

hessian101

I had to make this same decision when I bought my Mh-400-

Basically, I made the decision based on looks, and the body wood (mahogany on the Mh, alder in the M) because otherwise, they are pretty Identical.

The reason I picked Mahogany is that it has a warmer, thicker tone than alder. Alder has a slightly brighter, but still very balanced tone.

metalhobo

I've really been checking out the M-400 myself. The M series guitars appeal to me because of the 43mm nut width. I played a bolt-on M-II and that was sweet. If the 400 plays half as good as that, I will be happy.

takesnogutz666

thanks for the help, so the m-400 plays as well as the mh-400?

hessian101

^yes- Because they are both 400 series guitars, they are made to the same standards. however, they have slightly different neck dimensions, so I would reccomend playing them both before you pick. I think that the m-400 is alot closer to jackson specs than the mh-400.

WhiteWolf

I've just recently bought an M-400, and I love everything about it. The neck is great. I would recommend it to anyone.

MV-CTM

wtf, where did you get a white one at

metalhobo

You are so lucky to live in Europe :(.

Just kidding!

Sort of....

*sigh*

Gil

Just kidding!

Sort of....

*sigh*

as having lived in europe for several years I would say it's definitely cool but sometimes overrated.

Gothenburg

Just kidding!

Sort of....

*sigh*
Lucky? Lucky? Yeah we are because of the SV standard and the other cool shapes. But it is a fact that we aren being screwed big times in price. A m-400 is 699 euros that's 1112 US dollars. Tell me do you still buy a M 400 for 1112 dollars?

metalhobo

Just kidding!

bloodstyle

I just really like the feeling of Mahogany. because the body is heavier than alder... i mean.. a lot heavier. it gives you a stability when you play. mahogany is very balanced when you play standing up.

N3rdAl3rt

dude white is fuckin hawt!

Post to Thread