Humming noise from my new MH400?? Anyone help??

Updated
villain
So i just got my MH400. Bas ass!! Put some 11's on it, tuned her to drop C, set the floyd back flat, made some very minor intonation adjustments and plugged her in. I noticed a high pitched resonating sound after i would mute my strings. Possibly coming from the trem, but when i put my hand on it, it wouldnt go away right away. Like springs still vibrating or something. Any suggestions would be GREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTT! Thanks
sirsloop

Just sounds like gain/drive is cranked up and you are not used to playing with active pups. They pickup natural harmonics pretty easily when boosted up...

villain

been playin for 16 years. own a mh400nt. gain on 6. no no reverb on. loved emg's since the 80's........

load more replies (1 of 1)
sirsloop

I wonder if its the springs on the back side just vibrating... idk if you wanna put something on them like a piece of tissue or light cloth or something. Just something very light to dampen them slightly. As long as it doesn't effect the spring action I dont see how it could hurt. I don't have this issue on my RG w/ a floyd. You could also try moving the springs to different holes... like try a V pattern. That will change the tension on the springs a little at the same string tension.

Simon R.

the problem really seems to come from the springs, Pretty good Ideas that as been proposed

I think the reason why the springs make noise is because they're not enough spaced between the body and the Floyd Rose, so the make reverb like old amps, but if they're enough tended, you reduce reverb, so put only 2 springs in angle instead of 3 straigt in exemple and Add a tissue too,

njrusmc

Weave a rubber band through the strings to better ground the noise, as well as cloth or tissue.

gorsch

Weave a rubber band through the strings to better ground the noise, as well as cloth or tissue.

+1 Same thing with my M200FM. I cut the end off a sock and put it in the cavity. Problem solved. I also use a small piece after the lock nut. Just weave it through the strings, oh and use a black sock. Didnt think it would do much but now the guitar is silent durring the stop-start shit. I'm running through a 5150II with no gate also.

sirsloop

forget the sock... use the crotch out of some old boxers.... more character. Then you can say your gat's got ballz.

villain

funny!! yeah guys! thanks for the help. thats gotta be it. this guitar is sweet!! i never experienced this spring noise. this is the first LTD ive owned with a floyd. i own numerous Ibanez's w/ edge lo-pro trems on em, and have never noticed this when playing without a amp. we wont talk about my socks....... gotta go find a good crotch!!

gorsch

sorry, I've only got enough boxers for a week. Cant spare any. But who needs socks?

Post to Thread