LH-301 pickups

Updated
XxDBENCxX
Maybe everyone known this. But if not - I just bought an MH-250 that has the LH-301 pickups(like several ltds do)and I was told they are the same same as EMG HZ's. So I emailed EMG and ask them and an engineer named R. Hunt sent me back a email and said -there not even close to the HZ's, in fact there not even made by EMG at all, they just use there licence.
metalhobo

If they're not made by EMG, how would he know if they are similar or not? My understanding is that ESP makes them to be similar to the HZs that they used to use. Manufacturing the pickups themselves saves production costs.

sirsloop

IDK... if they were EMG HZ's they woulda called them EMG HZ, not EMG-ESP LH-301. For a stock passive... how do you like it?

XxDBENCxX

There alright. Not as good as the HZ's. I have a set in a Warlock and the Hz's are cleaner. Better than the Ibanez INF's.

load more replies (1 of 1)
metalhobo

I did not say they were HZs. I said they were designed to be similar to the HZs.

Gil

musicians friend makes alot of mistakes. my 06 viper 400 has seymour duncans in it and I tried to talk to the guy to make sure that it's that one and he told me it had emg's in it.....I knew it wouldn't so I ordered anyway and sure enough he had no clue :).

metalhobo

Yeah, MF is makes many many mistakes in their product pages.

Post to Thread