My Ex-400 came with black chrome machine heads and silver hardware?

Updated
David_VI
My annoying guitar i've had over a year now that i seem to have endless issues with.. Well I just noticed that the machine heads are black chrome/cosmos black yet the bridge/tail and knobs are silver.. Is this normal? on the ESP page it said black hardware, its very confusing. Since I bought it I have put on black hardware anyway, except the machine heads.. but its still a bit strange and conflicting in my eyes. Anyone with an EX400 also want to help me out with action issues n stuff? Thanks guys David
XxDBENCxX

I saw one at the guitar store that had all black chrome. It was a 08 to.

EXPer

I think the old ones came with black hardware but they ship with the silver ones now if im not mistaken, got pix?

Gil

I think what it is and it's happened before that they have a shortage of parts and used the black chrome instead of the black.

metalhobo

They can't ship them with black hardware anymore because they have to be RoHS compliant (the finishing process for black hardware causes cancer or something)

metalhobo

You can remove the plugs with this method:

EXPer

Hey nice axe, wuts that other explorer u got there?

David_VI

Hey nice axe, wuts that other explorer u got there?

Its just a copy, got it on eBay before I got my LTD, I still really like it even though it cost under £100, makes me want a real Gibson cherry explorer sometime.

EXPer

Hey thats cool, do u have pix for it?

Post to Thread