recommend me some pickups

Updated
___KC___
I think the pickups in my mh 250nt are kinda weak, so basically Im looking for a high output pickup. I would like active pickups, but i still want good tone, not muddy, bassy, crap. something sharp sounding. I havn't found emgs that great. and I play out of a line 6 spider II hd 75, so not all of the little differences show up, but muddiness and low output does. I also play death metal like all shall perish, bloodbath, behemoth, black dahlia murder... i think you get it. so recommend me some pickups. and No, I cant buy a new amp right now. not enough money. and not enough pay right now.
gab4554

Get either

EMG 81/81, 81/85, 81/60 (if your gonna play clean)
or
SD Blackout

so Id say try guitars that has those kinds of pickups.

___KC___

im not going to be playing clean that much, so would the blackouts be the way to go?

njrusmc

From what I hear, blackouts are more bassy and have a weaker attack (less sharp) than EMG's. Go for an EMG 81/81 or 81/60 set.

sirsloop

Which pups do you have on your 250nt? I've got the LH301's in mine... IMHO for stock passives they are pretty good! I've played a couple mh400nt's and a bunch of other ltds with EMG actives and honestly I wasn't all that impressed when compared to the LH301's. The actives are hotter and pick up a lot of harmonics and stuff... I kinda like the LH301's. I put a X2N in my RG on the bridge... that thing is ridiculous! HA!

If you want to put in actives... I'd consider just selling the 250nt and getting a 400nt. You gotta switch out all the electronics and find a spot for your battery on the 250nt. IDK, more hassle than its worth. The 400's play just like the 250s and are ready to go...granted you cant get a sweet red flame top 400 ;) For that you'll need a mh1000 w/ duncans!

Simon R.

Well if you're good with electronic you can do it yourself, the battery is not really a problem, for a MH-301. So If you have the same space for the circuitry you'll be okay, if not, assume to pay someone to do it for you, so you'll have to compare price between you guitar and a 400, and buying and installing new pickups.

___KC___

^lol, my birthday is coming up soon, so I will probably get them as a gift. so I really wouldn't be paying anything. so It really WOULD be worth my time lol.

Dimebag

Dimebucker or X2N !!!!
Passive and in every way as agressive as Emg's... just different...

Metallikid

I would say to definitely go with a Dimebucker or an EMG HZ-H4. That would probably be your best bet to get what your looking for. Not muddy or too bassy... Especially the Dimebucker. So yeah...

brada

hey how is that emg 60 for cleans on neck? my guitar is from mahagony and is very bassy, 85 on neck has too much bass, so im looking something to fit on the neck :)

XxDBENCxX

The only way to go is EMG 81/89...The 89 has that split coil feature. Its a hum and single in one. I was told the 89 is just like the 85 but has the single coil feature. Also look into the EMG 81TW. It supposedly has that coil tap thing too. You can put the 81 in the bridge and the 81TW in the neck and get some cool tones that way.

___KC___

I've decided against Emgs. I already have them in a number of my guitars, and I want to try something different. I'm thinking about the Dimarzio X2N

andrei

if you like it fat, you may also consider the invader; it realy kicks.
(i'm talking just about the bridge pup)

personaly, i'd put an 81 in it.
(i have both 81 and invader in my guitars - both rule - i use the invader in the cheap-wood guitar, to compensate for the lack of bottom end, and the 81 in the mahagoni one)

riku

Bill Lawrence

Novaargh

81/60 i'v got those in my KH-4 real nice sound when you play clean the more bluesey kind and for the heavy stuff

in my MX i have 81/81 and that is pure rough metal so that would be you're way to go :P

Post to Thread