Tragedy struck me :(

Updated
moddy
I hate to tell this :( but thats what happened to me today. I end up buying the Ibanez RG321MH even though i had the $ to buy the LTD MH400NT. My dad told me that i shouldn't come back home if i bought the LTD, i know that suxxxxx and after almost an hour of arguing with him i had no choice but to buy the Ibanez and the Roland cube 30X amp. I cant really describe the feeling that is there within me, but a part of my conscience says that i did the right thing. I am a little disappointed though, but thats how life is and you always don't get what you wish or desire. Ok so lets put the emotional stuff aside. I need a bit of help here from you wonderful people who have helped and guided a noob like me and i cant thank enough. These are the specs of my guitar: Neck: 3pc Wizard II neck Neck Type: Wizard II Body: Mahogany body Frets: Jumbo frets Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood Inlay: Pearl Dot Bridge: Fixed bridge NeckPU: IBZ INF3 neck pu BridgePU: IBZ INF4 bridge pu Here is a list of things that i feel needs a fix and for that i need suggestions once again: 1) There is buzzing in the strings and i definitely want to change them to some real good ones. 2) As far as pick ups go, they are dual passive infinity pick ups so i was thinking of going with the Seymour Duncan: JB Bridge, 59 neck. EMG 81 or 85 wont go in a passive setup like this. 3) I also want a very good guitar cable coz the one that came with it is not the best quality and it makes noises when i connect it to the amp. Please tell me what ever you guys have in mind on the list above. Suggest me the best stuff and if i need to change some other parts too, then tell me about it. Thank you
Mofoski9000

i'm pretty sure that the rg321 has a 3-way selector, since it has dual humbuckers. it's usually the S-S-H or H-S-H setups that have a 5-way. i had a rg2ex1, and it was only 3-way. so if you get EMG's, you don't have to change the selector.

moddy

i'm pretty sure that the rg321 has a 3-way selector, since it has dual humbuckers. it's usually the S-S-H or H-S-H setups that have a 5-way. i had a rg2ex1, and it was only 3-way. so if you get EMG's, you don't have to change the selector.

The switch moves 5 times btw. I dont know whats it for.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Simon R.

YEs I was right!!! hehee
I said earlier why man, look a the beginning of the posts, The circuits toggle between the four coils. Not only the two pickups

load more replies (1 of 1)
andrei

dude, look on the bright side, at least your dad provided the $$ for "a" decent guitar.
so you don't have to experience buying crap guitars and playing on homemade amps, trough a cheap speaker, in a selfmade box - for a couple of years.

yes, it does suck that he forced you to get what he wanted and it pisses me off to hear that it happened, but it could have been worse!

be grateful for what you have.

cheers,
keep shredding and in a couple of years you'll buy your own shit, with your own money!

moddy

dude, look on the bright side, at least your dad provided the $$ for "a" decent guitar.
so you don't have to experience buying crap guitars and playing on homemade amps, trough a cheap speaker, in a selfmade box - for a couple of years.

yes, it does suck that he forced you to get what he wanted and it pisses me off to hear that it happened, but it could have been worse!

be grateful for what you have.

cheers,
keep shredding and in a couple of years you'll buy your own shit, with your own money!

That sure is some encouraging words man. Thanks.

njrusmc

Very true. My father owns 6 cars and I haven't seen a dime from him in 4 years. Keep up the practice and you will succeed.

Monologous

This one started out on a cheap crappy noname strat guitar. After two years, an upgrade was in order in the form of an Epiphone explorer guitar. Then it was time for the LTD era. Currently three high-end LTD guitars.

Post to Thread