Now what? >:[

Updated
Justin
Restringing my Fx 260 for the first time and the nut pops right off. Now i can't restring it. What to do? I tried glue, it's not strong enough, the strings keep pulling it. :[
njrusmc

Wow. Is the guitar insured? Do you have a warranty? Don't try to fix it yourself, take it to a shop and they will glue it back in properly. It should not be too expensive, but try to get either the vendor or manufacturer to pay for it. Is it an Earvana or just a standard one? I think 260 series have non-Earvana ...

Justin

It's just a standard nut. Came off like nothing, like it wasn't even glued on. Its pretty new, so i should be able to take it back. Though, that'd break my heart.
I fell inlove with this guitar xD

Butch

Pics?

njrusmc

I hate MF ... buy from DCGL!

Justin

I hate MF ... buy from DCGL!

Whats that? Technically, i bought it from music123.com, but all the emails and receipts say musiciansfriend
I haven't had any problems with MF yet
*nock on wood* XD

andrei

i don't get this part:

I tried glue, it's not strong enough, the strings keep pulling it. :

the strings should keep it in place, even if it's not glued on.

had the same problem once... glued it in place with crazyglue... now i fear i won't be able to take it off, ever.
do some research on what glue is used for this job before acting.

to me it sounds like an easy fix...

is it sliding sidewards when you string the guitar?
try stringing the strings that run straight first.
(allthou it shouldn't, if it's glued properly)

Justin

Yeah, it slides left and right when i try putting on the strings. When putting on the strings that run straight its a bit hard but stays. Then i put on the high E and it starts sliding, and it sounds all twangy and stuff :X

andrei

ok.

find out what glue is used for this kind of job.
then glue it on properly.
READ and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS first!!! (that come with the glue)
clean the aerea carefuly before glueing!

like i said earlyer, crazyglue will do the job, but i don't think it's the best option.

don't worry, you'll get it fixed in notime!
good luck!

Justin

ok.

find out what glue is used for this kind of job.
then glue it on properly.
READ and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS first!!! (that come with the glue)
clean the aerea carefuly before glueing!

like i said earlyer, crazyglue will do the job, but i don't think it's the best option.

don't worry, you'll get it fixed in notime!
good luck!

Haha thanks man, but it seems to be fixed. Guess the glue i put on dried and now its stuck. I took it out of the box and was surprised to see the nut sticking on.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread