Tone Pros?

Updated
Justin
I have some extra cash and i'm thinking of upgrading my ltd viper 400 with a tone pros hardtail. Just curious if its hard to install? Or if its actually worth it?
Piney Hills Music

i think it should be close to a direct replacement

Justin

Direct replacement? Not sure what you mean :[

ToRo Pj0tR

Direct replacement? Not sure what you mean :

He means that it should fit straight in. Take the old studs , tailpiece and bridge out and then install the tonepros...

But I don't really think that it's even worth the effort, let alone the price of them. If a guitar comes equipped with them, OK, but I'd never do the "upgrade" myself. There was alot of hype about them, just like the earvana nuts, but still a graphtech nut is better then the earvana, and I'd still keep the Gotoh tailpiece(same quality, I think I read somewhere that even the tonepros are Gotoh's, but with the locking stuff, I may be wrong) and such...

I'd likely buy an aluminum tailpiece or something like that rather than the tonepros, but it's up to you, and you alone.
Just my 2 cents...

Justin

Hmm
Alot of the reviews said it works wonders. Better sustain/ tone, etc. Wasn't sure if it was worth the effort/ money
Also, i own the viper in white,and i really want black hardware, but thats somethin i can live without. I'd like to know what bridge comes stock with my guitar.

5150-Viper

i did the tonepros bridge and tailpiece replacement on my viper 400. its a direct replacement, took about 3 minutes to swap. Id say it adds a fraction to the tone, but its really nice for changing strings, your bridge/tailpiece does not fall off, there for keeping the action in place. id recommend it if your bored and have the money, i did cause i was trying to upgrade my viper to the best i could. its my fav LTD i have owned.

Justin

i did the tonepros bridge and tailpiece replacement on my viper 400. its a direct replacement, took about 3 minutes to swap. Id say it adds a fraction to the tone, but its really nice for changing strings, your bridge/tailpiece does not fall off, there for keeping the action in place. id recommend it if your bored and have the money, i did cause i was trying to upgrade my viper to the best i could. its my fav LTD i have owned.

Thanks! What TonePros was it? Theres a ton and i'm not sure what one fits :X

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread