EC1000VB Standard Top Electric Guitar (Vintage Black Finish Of Course)

Updated
MusicisLife
I posted about the H500, but I'm also debating on getting this one too. So let me know what yall think about this guitar as opposed to the H500. If any of you have this one or both. Let me know. Looks like a wannabe les paul but I'm sure it's a lot lighter than a Les Paul cuz those suckers are heavy. That's why I didn't decide to get one. It still, although, looks like a sweet guitar. Let me know thanks!
Gil

It's more comfortable and a lot more rockin :). if you want classic styles, get a les paul if you don't wanna feel ripped off then buy a eclipse.

guenzka

Looks like a wannabe les paul but I'm sure it's a lot lighter than a Les Paul cuz those suckers are heavy.

You are correct. The EC-1000 is lighter than a Les Paul. I own both, an '06 Les Paul and an new EC1000, and I can say that they are both great but it all depends on the sound you are looking for. I like to use the Les Paul for more "traditional" or "classic metal" sounds like Maiden, Randy Rhodes Ozzy, Priest, etc and the EC1000 for the more "agressive & overdriven" Metal such as Matallica, Nevermore, Slayer. I am lucky that I have the option to do so. You can use the EC-1000 for the more classic metal sounds without any problem but I use the Les Paul just because I feel the sound fits that music a little bit better. If I couldn;t hear them side by side It probably wouldn;t matter to me. They both play fabulous and I love them both. I would probably give a very very very slight edge to the neck on the Les Paul. For some reason I find some things a little easier to finger on the Paul than the EC-1000 but if you wanted to know why (thickness, fretsize, etc.) I really couldn;t say. Its just a feel thing.
So if you are considering an EC-1000 I would highly recommend going for it. It is a tremendous guitar for the money. I absolutely love mine and wouldn;t part with it.

MusicisLife

Yeah was gonna make this or the H500 be my next guitar. Either those LTD's or a Fender. But I'm pretty happy with my ibanez for right now. Just thought I'd find some insight from you very experienced players. Thanks! This is very encouraging. I'd love to hear more.

bjoyce27205

ive got both also, an 89 korean epiphone les pual with emg 81/85, and the ec-1000stb. they both sound great in their own way. two totally different sounds. the ec is much lighter, thinner, and is a very very solid built guitar for the money. plays great, sounds great, and looks even better. so best thing to do is go play both, see which one best fits you, i know in my case, i love both guitars.

Butch

well the ec is indeed very thin, but so is the H. The scale difference is to your liking i suppose. and well the ec has a 60 instead of a 85, which we all know about.

Both are now hardtail.

Keep mh400nt as an option as well if you are looking for a string thru.

Piney Hills Music

there is a huge difference in sound if you toss a set of Duncans in there too

a JB/59 sounds great in a eclipse..

something else to think about, is the EC400.. it has a much more Les Paul feel as its a thicker body...
I personally think its a better feeling guitar than the 1000. i have only had 1 of each in my store, so i cant give a definitive answer, but i really liked the 400AT way better

Tim H.

I've got the EC1000 in vintage black, and it rocks! I've tried a lot of Gibsons but somehow they feel fat. They are too heavy and the necks are too thick IMO. Of course a Les Paul has got a great sound, but the EC1000 is not bad either. Actually I like the EC sound more. It can go very bluesy with one pickup and can scream like a bitch with the other pickup. And of course, the EC1000 is much cheaper.
It's your choice!

SSBB

I've tried a lot of Gibsons but somehow they feel fat. They are too heavy and the necks are too thick IMO. Of course a Les Paul has got a great sound, but the EC1000 is not bad either. Actually I like the EC sound more. It can go very bluesy with one pickup and can scream like a bitch with the other pickup. And of course, the EC1000 is much cheaper.
It's your choice!

+1

Post to Thread