What is the difference?

Updated
Enemyofreali7y
This question has probably been asked a lot, and for that, I'm sorry, but I have some unique questions. I'm 16, playing for 3 years, and am a metalhead. I was really big into 7 strings about a year ago, and I've been playing a schecter C-7 Hellraiser for quite awhile now, but I've always wanted an ESP, and I think nows the time for me to make the move. (I never really use my 7 anymore, I'm always tuning to C lol) If I sell my guitar, it will fund almost any of the ESP LTD (even deluxe) that I could get. But ESP is what I really want. My question here is what is the BIG difference? I know LTD is korean, and ESP is american, but is it worth 2x as much (I mean, if I had 2 grand, i'd go ESP without a doubt, but my wallet is tight, my car won't fill or insure itself) A high action bugs the shit out of me, so I don't want to skimp on my first ESP. should a LTD deluxe be plenty? How well do they play compared to an M-II (my fav ESP) Thanks in advanced.
Helldragon

ESP is japanese, not american

Enemyofreali7y

Oh, but I assume they are set up in America? I always see stickers on the back saying USA. wtf?

ninjalinkdeath

ESP is based in Japan, they have the LTD shop in Korea, and they ship to American Dealers who set them up. If you're looking at LTD you can't go wrong with a 400 or 500 model. Most of them have even higher end features than the 1000s. I have an M-400 and it's a dream machine for whammying and metal in general. It's an alder body, so it has a bright tone, if you're looking for a warm tone, go mahogany, check out most of the other series. The 1000 models are just prettier than most of the 400's, that's all.

Justin

Both are great. I have never came across an esp ltd with bad action, i know what you mean, i can't stand high action either. Every esp ltd i've played was nice. Even the 50 series for beginners (better than your normal first guitar) I agree with synyster, most 400 series have actives, eurvana nut, all those goodies. If i were you, i'd get the ltd, all the bands you see in the studio and on music videos are using ltd's anyways. So if its good enough for them it should be good enough for us xD.
I guess the only difference between ESP and LTD is the hardware, wood, and where they're made at
Not sure though :\

Post to Thread