LTD H500 Electric Guitar

Updated
MusicisLife
Anyone have this? Looks like a very sweet guitar. Let me know what you think if you have this. Thanks!
Metahead

i still don't own an esp

AfterAfx

i still don't own an esp

I think its time to get one!!!!

Butch

yeah the burst looks real sweet imo, it plays real nice, i have some quality issues but its pretty much what u pay for.

The sound is pretty good as well. if you are accustomed to a thin u neck then this is for you. i personally like thinner necks and a little wider fingerboard.

XxDBENCxX

Got a pic of the neck joint?

XxDBENCxX

That guitar is SIC!

Butch

^thanks, i have been meaning to take good pics for the longest while, just dont have the time

XxDBENCxX

Thats the guitar I am looking for...I guess they dont make the string through on the 08's

Gil

the tone, not the playability, will be different. the construction however should be for the most part the same with of course the only thing changing being the battery compartment. if you're asking about tone you're gonna get a harsher tone when distorted which sounds great from active pick ups. a warmer tone with the duncans.

njrusmc

I dont know about that Gil. The EMG 85 is pretty warm IMO. The biggest difference between actives and passives is the consistency.

Active humbucker pickups only have ONE output signal; each coil's signal is electronically summed via the preamp and sent down the output lead. That is why one cannot coil tap an active pickup.

Passive humbucker pickups have TWO output signals; the output lead is a blend of each signal. We can coil tap such humbuckers.

In terms of sound, I find it VERY hard to generalize actives vs. passives. An EMG 81 will be brutal with high gain, but an SD JB/Invader will too. An EMG 85/60 will be warmer and fuller, so will an SD Jazz or 54 or 59.

Just try 'em both out.

Gil

that's true. I've heard some brutalness come out of some passive pick ups. I use the basis as I have a guitar with emg 81/85 and another with a custom(not custom5 as the guitar he's looking at although my viper came with it) and a duncan jazz pick up. my summery will generally be what he's looking at. I didn't like the custom5 pick up personally. I could never get it clean in enough and i didn't find it articulate enough when distorted. that's just my personal opinion.

njrusmc

I had an 85/81 set in my MH400NT stock. I replaced the 85 with a 60 under darkalone's recommendation and it is certainly great for cleans. It still has a fat tone but is a little less warm and more bright than the 85 ... but not harsh like the 81. Might want to check it out sometime.

metalhobo

I had an 85/81 set in my MH400NT stock. I replaced the 85 with a 60 under darkalone's recommendation and it is certainly great for cleans. It still has a fat tone but is a little less warm and more bright than the 85 ... but not harsh like the 81. Might want to check it out sometime.

If you fancy more warmth from a 60, try the 60A.

Gil

I like the 81. I was thinking of switching it out the 85 for a 60 or possibly another 81.

ZULND3R

i love the flame maple top on that guitar

Butch

i love the flame maple top on that guitar

Thank you, i really am impressed with it myself.

and i would say +1 to the 60a, i've heard good things about this.

Post to Thread