LTD 7 stringers...

Updated
AdrianLoureiro
Thinking about picking one up but would like to know if anyone has compared them to an Ibanez. Any pros and cons between the two?
moosemeister

Well one big difference between the Ibby and the LTD is that you have a much better chance of getting a neck thru or set neck guitar with LTD than Ibby.

And for pick ups, you might get Actives with the LTD and the Passive with Ibby.

AdrianLoureiro

Well one big difference between the Ibby and the LTD is that you have a much better chance of getting a neck thru or set neck guitar with LTD than Ibby.

And for pick ups, you might get Actives with the LTD and the Passive with Ibby.

A neck thru or set neck is what i want in a 7 as well as passives, active just doesnt appeal to me. But yea, ive been doing some research and so far the only 7 stringer set neck esp has ever produced was the m-307 and thats proving to be pretty elusive.

Id love to try one out but esp doesnt produce 7's anymore w/ the exception of the SC which i dont like. :/ But as far is can tell LTD has thin enough necks. What i really like about them though is that the width is less to that of an ibby.

asbloodrunsblack

neck would be a little thinner on the ibanez ? but it'll have to be your prefered neck , not just our opinions , try some out

ZULND3R

the ibanez will probably have the thicker neck than the ESP but thats the only real advantage, you can get a neck-thru and active pups on the esp

SuperDuperNaut

???? ibanez would probably have a thinner, flatter neck dude.

ShreddyMcFunTits

I've played the Ibby UV777P, the RG7321 and I have an Ltd H-307 and tbh I prefer the Universe. Though I prefer the sound of the 81-7 and 707 and the neck-thru on my H-307, The Universe just feels more sturdy, is floyded and has a satin neck. The bolt-on thing I can live with tbh.

AdrianLoureiro

I've played the Ibby UV777P, the RG7321 and I have an Ltd H-307 and tbh I prefer the Universe. Though I prefer the sound of the 81-7 and 707 and the neck-thru on my H-307, The Universe just feels more sturdy, is floyded and has a satin neck. The bolt-on thing I can live with tbh.

Well actually, im not to big on floyds anymore. Its to much a hassle having to tune a guitar with 6 strings... i can only imagine tuning 7 strings with a guitar that has a floyd must suck. But since i want a set neck ill settle for a trem blocker.

And thanks KC for that link, thats exactly what i want but the blue version. I already have 2 red guitars. :p

Post to Thread