Looking to get into ESP

Updated
ZULND3R
Hey Everyone, I'm new to these forums and am looking to get into ESP guitars. I have been an Ibanez player for several years and have grown tired of their guitars. I have recently been looking for a new, higher end instrument and have been dissappointed with Ibanez's features and selection. This has lead me to ESP (as well as a couple other companies such as Schecter). I have been looking at a few different models that I am interested in. MH-400NT and the MH-1000NT. Both of these guitars have MUCH better specs than Ibanez guitars that are similarly priced. My question for you all is related to the overall build quality of these two guitars, as well as your overall opinion of them. Unfortunately, where I am located (in the middle of freakin' nowhere) I have no access to any guitar stores around me so normally when I order a new guitar, I can only go by what others say and order online. Thanks for all your help!
ZULND3R

i agree, I get my share of trems with my Ibanez guitars (they still piss me off to no end) i dont have patience to deal with trems. I love fixed bridges because they're reliable and simple. No bullshit.

Justin

Lol yeah, way easier. Though, a trems fun to play with. I think Ibanez would be alot better if they made RG's without trems, and added more set necks. Don't get me started on the pickups :P

svt4cobra6

I had an old ibanez rg770 from 1990 and the workman ship was great, probably better than my current guitar (mh400 2007) with the natural binding around the body. The mh400 just has much better tone and looks much better. The neck is not as fast as the old ibanez, but is not bad. The tremlo is not as good as the old ibanez (harder to change strings) and does not seem as smooth, but also is not bad.

Justin

Yeah, old RG's are great. Makes me want a yellow RG 550 :X

ZULND3R

Yeah, old RG's are great. Makes me want a yellow RG 550 :X

i absolutely love the old yellow RG550s.. the reissues were awesome too... i do agree about the pups in ibanez guitars though... they do suck stock. I have replaced most of mine w/ EMG's or DiMarzio Evos.... and yes.. they need more set necks too

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread