ESP LTD BASS pickup inquiry

Updated
roncubus
hi! i just bought an ESP LTD D5...im planning to replace the stock pickups with active EMGs...the exact model of the pickups would be EMGDC40... my question is the EMGDC40 requires two 9V batteries but why does the ESP LTD B405 uses only one 9V battery?? When on EMG requires two 9V batteries??
njrusmc

To my knowledge, all EMG pickups are rated up to 27V but can run on as few as 9V. Some people use the 18V mod, claiming you gain headroom and clarity (I use the mod personally). I think 9V should be fine, check the data sheet.

Skin N. Bones

So your saying that my EX-104 could be running on 18 V instead of 9 V? I know my Dean 2A V has active pickups also and runs on a single 9V. it is so much hotter than my LTD. So what does it involve to get this spare battery in the system? And where do you put it? In the existing cavity?

Ryan 2%

you never know though. my friend installed emg 81's into a gibson les paul with no modification, my guess is you wouldnt have much of a problem. just make sure you get an active eq too, ive got the B64 eq with the emg extended series (i play a 5 string viper)

njrusmc

I use 18V on my EMG 81/60 set, and I do believe the headroom is increased and especially on the 81, the pick attack is sharper and has better clarity.

roncubus

@njrusmc: how did you modify the pickups to 18V?

Post to Thread