Another NewB!

Updated
Bluerob
Hi there, just a little intro...I`m Rob, I`m an architect here in Mexico, yeup you heard right...Mexico :D I just bought on Ebay a ESP/LTD M-200 axe, couldn't resist, It had upgraded pups a Steve Special and a Evo Dimarzios....and the Floyd Rose trem. And guess what! I don't play at all! It`s been like 15 years since I had a guitar on my hands, in other words..If you give me a lefty or a right handed guitar I am equally clueless. LOL! I love guitar and I will start learning, anyway just a quick intro by the new guy around...BTW please be patient and go easy on me...I will shoot NewB questions every now an then.
coyote

Welcome to the boards!

Post some pics of your gear in the general discussion forum. Its pretty slow going in all the other forums.

nicknuisance

Welcome to the world of ESPs!

Bluerob

Thanks chaps!
I´ll post pics of the axe when I have it in my hands.
Any comments on the Dimarzios (Steve special and Vai evo) are they as good as the Mr. Vai?
Any comments on the m-200 are very welcomed.

njrusmc

Well, a 200 series LTD is relatively low end in its stock configuration. With better pickups, I can be formidable, but to my knowledge it still is made of basswood or agathis and has a bolt on neck. The result is a relatively weak sustains, as compared to say, a 400 series LTD with set-thru or neck-thru construction and an alder/mahogany body.

Did you put a Licensed or Original floyd rose in it?

metalhobo

Well, a 200 series LTD is relatively low end in its stock configuration. With better pickups, I can be formidable, but to my knowledge it still is made of basswood or agathis and has a bolt on neck.

M-200=NTB

Gil

the evo is a pretty good pick up. a friend of mine had it in several of his guitars and it wailed.

Bluerob

Well, a 200 series LTD is relatively low end in its stock configuration. With better pickups, I can be formidable, but to my knowledge it still is made of basswood or agathis and has a bolt on neck. The result is a relatively weak sustains, as compared to say, a 400 series LTD with set-thru or neck-thru construction and an alder/mahogany body.
Yeah, I know is not a top end guitar, I was looking for a starter-mid guitar to see if I get the feeling again of playing, and I was looking something cheap with upgraded pups, this because to my knowledge(very limited on this matter)low end guitar usually have sh/t pups....so the Dimarzios bought me...and here I am....waiting like a kid in Xmas for the new axe to arrive.

Did you put a Licensed or Original floyd rose in it?
AFAIK it the original Floyd that came with the guitar...BTW who make this stock floyds`s??? I have read that only originals and Khalers are the good ones ....True?
the evo is a pretty good pick up. a friend of mine had it in several of his guitars and it wailed.
Well...lets see how it sounds on the flesh....which leads me to the fact that I havent bought an amp yet...some body slap me please!

njrusmc

I stand corrected. I own an H207 and its a bolt on, so I figured <= 200 series were bolt ons.

Gil

yeah it's not a pick up I would use personally it seemed like a shredder type thing but it was cool.

RedStripe

ive got an amp for you!

from the spam thread:
mesa f-30 combo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ good idea, ive got some prespam too.

a mint mesa f30 combo, $650, $700 shipped to cont us, or delivered for $650 anywhere in the state of PA.

im working on pics thats why its still pre spam, but i mean it looks and works brand new, its got maybe 1hr play time on it. house its stored in is smoke and pet free.

send me a pm, if interested. thanks.

Gil

an amp I was really impressed with was a friend of mine's mesa Mark IV combo amp

Post to Thread