Ebony board...

Updated
indytruckboy
..........American Musical just got some EC-1000s in stock in VB. So I ordered one going with their great, 3-easy-payments. Comes to my work. I open her up. Sweet. That rosewood board looks really dark. Cool. Read the tag and it says ebony. I thought it was a mistake. Go on the computer when I got home to check. Yep, ebony. Only the VB comes this way. I was going to buy a Eclipse II. But this has all the same features plus the better locking tuners, and Tonepros, and Earvana. So the Eclipse II is handmade? Big woup. I have heard people complaining about the OE setups lately on new units. Not that my LTD came perfect. Saddles not notched. And a bad pickup selector switch(or needs cleaning). Just saying if you guys are shopping. Ebony is sweet. My SG Supreme has ebony to and it is butter. And what is more metal than black wood!
Greatdeceiver

So, where this guy is going is... Have you tried them both side to side? How can you tell that EC1000 = Eclipse 2? How can you compare them if you havent played them both? And maybe if you were a bit more experienced you could have probably known that the hardware and wood is not the only thing that matters in a guitar.

indytruckboy

So, where this guy is going is... Have you tried them both side to side? How can you tell that EC1000 = Eclipse 2? How can you compare them if you havent played them both? And maybe if you were a bit more experienced you could have probably known that the hardware and wood is not the only thing that matters in a guitar.

I started this thread to tell about the ebony. Have I tried both side by side? Yup at Sam Ash. But I only tried a Eclipse II w/SD pickups. Not what I wanted. So I walked away thinking I would get one on the net. Nope. Out of stock everywhere. And I am sure my inexperience of 16 years of playing, I would probably know if I liked ebony over maple and rosewood. I know now its not the entire makeup of the guitar. Thanks. I was too stupid to realize. I thought all the tone came from if I used a Duracell, and not a cheapo battery.

I gotta say. There are a lot of fellas on here who have a chip on their shoulder. That's a shame.

load more replies (1 of 1)
asbloodrunsblack

jagermeister , is DEFINETLY more metal than black wood .

nicknuisance

So is long hair, and an entourage of dudes with 7 strings and long hair.

Greatdeceiver

mystic wood is more metal that black wood
and prolly more than jag

TheDevilHimself

I gotta say. There are a lot of fellas on here who have a chip on their shoulder. That's a shame.

No its just espvipercamo usually ;-)

You'll get used to him.

indytruckboy

I am relaxed. And my feelings aren't hurt. I hope I do become accustomed to ESPVIPERCAMO.
Time will tell.

load more replies (1 of 1)
njrusmc

Back on topic ... Indy, how does ebony compare to rosewood (don't say "it doesnt" :)). In terms of the typical desirables (sustain, tone, look and feel, playability, etc), why is it preferred?

indytruckboy

Back on topic ... Indy, how does ebony compare to rosewood (don't say "it doesnt" :)). In terms of the typical desirables (sustain, tone, look and feel, playability, etc), why is it preferred?
Its hard and fast like maple. But not as bright. It's like in the middle of maple and rosewood. But the main thing to me is it is smooth. Slick.

Gil

from what I'm told it's a smoother fretboard than rosewood. the playability is what draws people to it.....that and it looks good :)

metalhobo

different tonez

njrusmc

Sounds like exactly the board Id like. Rosewood is a little soft feeling and sometimes I am afraid I might break it or dent it. And yes, maple has such a sharp attack that I selected the more bassy rosewood boards. Thanks for the info.

Post to Thread