Finally Received my First LTD (mh400nt)

Updated
d_byrne23
So recently ive gotten back into metal again and my previous guitars ive used have been a schecter omen extreme floyd, ibanez rg321, and a jackson slsmg soloist. I really didn't know what to expect when I ordered this guy, my hopes were for a guitar that just felt good in my hands. I just opened the box about 3 hours ago and i picked it up, and without even hitting a note, my first though was, man this feels like a toy in my hands. I absolutely love it. Its lightweight and just feels like a dream. I took it in for a setup first cause I needed to make some changes because the guys I jam with play in a very low tuning, but man what a great feeling guitar, I was very suprised with the craftmanship. Glad I chose LTD.
___KC___

Pics!!!!!!!

d_byrne23

I will man, its at the shop getting a tune up. Its one guitar that will be with me for a while, have you ever bought an instrument you love but were afraid to use it all the time? I had that with my soloist, but this is something that I want to go to war with, I'm so impressed with it.

Butch

:(

njrusmc

Try the 18V mod. I have the same guitar and its absolutely brutal with the extra voltage.

d_byrne23

Thats my next thing to do, I did some reading about it and it sounds like a hell of an improvement

Treater

Thats my next thing to do, I did some reading about it and it sounds like a hell of an improvement

someoneĀ“s got an example how it sounds?

d_byrne23

Yeah man, the ec was what I thought would be the one for me, mind you id rather a 60 in the neck probly, but it just feels so comfortable. Im getting edgy now without it lol...

Radiopools

See, I thought I'd rather have a 60 in the neck too, but I tried the 60, and the 85, and the 85 was my favorite for cleans hands down. I only use the neck for cleans anyway ^^;

njrusmc

I just bought a 60. So now I will have one of each: 81, 85, and 60. I intend on using the 60 in the neck, as I use it mainly for sweeping. I hear it gets crystal cleans as well. Over time I will try all the combinations and probably try an 89 too.

Butch

^ keep us posted on the diff combos

njrusmc

You bet. I am in the process of installing a dual stacked volume knob for individual volume control for each pickup. Right now I have no volume control at all, just soldered the leads straight to the switch so I can at least play :)

Post to Thread