Having difficulties with my F-250..

Updated
AggressivePerfector
I changed the strings about a week ago. Yesterday night my High E broke, so I replaced it. But now, when I tune the E-A-D-G strings.. The B and E strings go out, and when I tune the B and E strings, The E A D G srings go out, they go about half a step out. The Tremlo was raised, so I tried tightening the screws that hold the metal peice that has the ground wire and holds the springs, it fixed the Bridge.. But the strings still wont stay in tune. I don't know much about Tremlo's and Harmonic tuning.. Has anyone ever had this problem..?
njrusmc

Well, LFR's suck anyway. I hope Delacroix reads this post, its a perfect example that we requested :)

First, ensure your bridge is parallel with the surface of the guitar. You said it was raised, so you lowered it; good. Just make sure you did not lower it too far or not enough. With a floating bridge, anytime you tune one string, the tension on the whole bridge changes and ALL the other strings will go out of tune to some extent, however small. Its just the cost of having a tremolo versus a fixed bridge.

calewarner

Tune all the strings one at a time using a good quality tuner. Then go through them again, and again. You'll get to the point where stasis is met, and everything will be in tune. Setting up a Floyd is time consuming, but once it's done, it's usually pretty stable. As far as rasing or lowering the bridge, there are great topics all over the web on complete setup procedures, I'd suggest educating yourself on it. If you don't get to know how to set-up the tremelo, it will become the biggest pain in the a$$, and will never behave the way it's supposed to.

AggressivePerfector

Thanks to both of you.
I found out some of the stuff on my own, but this board has been a real help.
I might Invest in a Kahler. I heard they were good. Do they bring more or less trouble?

AggressivePerfector

I took your Advice and tuned it over and over again and it eventually fixed
Thanks alot, man!

___KC___

are you sure the strings were stretched enough? I had this exact same problem on my 80s' MII. just stretched out the strings and problem solved.

AggressivePerfector

are you sure the strings were stretched enough? I had this exact same problem on my 80s' MII. just stretched out the strings and problem solved.

Well thats what I thought too, but the strings had never done that before and it was like a week after I replaced them, so they were stretched. It just happened out of nowere.
Somebody might have hit the guitar or something and knocked something loose. My family is always fucking arround in my room when im not home bro.

Metallijosh

Whenever I have to change a string on a floyd I always change the whole set.
It's a little more work but it gives all the strings a chance to stretch at the same time.
And it gets to the equilibrium point much quicker.

AggressivePerfector

Whenever I have to change a string on a floyd I always change the whole set.
It's a little more work but it gives all the strings a chance to stretch at the same time.
And it gets to the equilibrium point much quicker.

Hmm makes sence..
Well its a bit too late for that..
I just played mostly on the High-E for a while and its stretched now.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread