What about ESP?

Updated
stoyche
What is it about ESP Guitars that everyone loves? Why do you play ESP? Anyone got any history of the company? I am looking at ESPs but I don't really know much about them....
Butch

Esp?? who uses them?

I personally put all my trust in Ed roman....

Ryan 2%

um...well for one they sound really, really good.

Gil

What is it about ESP Guitars that everyone loves? They're affordable instruments that don't let the high price get to their head. from the low models to the custom models it's usually pretty good.

Why do you play ESP? because a lot of my favorite bands were playing them and a couple guitars later here I am. they sound great feel great and look cool.

Anyone got any history of the company?
other than owning their guitars no.

Esp/LtdPlayerEC500

ESP Is amazing, my EC500 has the best tone ever, and the feel of the guitar rules. They are high quality guitars for a cheap price. Other guitar companies like gibson are overpriced.

mikerockstar

My MHB-400 Baritone is awesome. Love the dimensions and feel of the neck and fretboard.

Also own a EC-1000VB which is my pride and joy.

The big thing with ESP/LTD for me is the quality for the price. You're getting top-notch features for a fraction of the price you'd spend for the same features in other brands. The quality is really outstanding, other brands just don't cut it.

Who else sells an Les Paul copy that's lighter than a Les Paul, has top-notch active EMG pickups, locking tuners, ebony fretboard, abalone inlays, with all-gold hardware and gold binding for $1000 or less? Nobody. :)

bjoyce27205

my ltd ec-1000 out plays most gibsons and almost all other les paul style guitars i have played. and it was at least half of the cost of new gibsons that are not worth the money. my guitar looks better than the gibsons too. see through blue with flame top=just badass.

bloodstyle

for the price it cost, it's kicking the ass of other company. I couldn't say if custom esp are better than custom gibson or any other company. but for the factory made one.... ESP is IMO the best company ever. it's like if u want to get the exact same guitar from another company... it would cost around 100 to 500$ more.

comparison :
---------------------------------------------------------
Gibson Blem SG Special II EMG

Mahogany body
Set mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard with no position markers on the face
EMG 81/85 active humbuckers
Dual volume, Dual tone, 3-way switching
24-3/4" scale
1-11/16" nut width

vs------------------------------------------------------

ESP VIPER-400

Set neck
EMG-81/85 active humbuckers
Mahogany body
Bound maple neck has a rosewood fretboard featuring extra-jumbo frets and flag inlays
Volume, tone, and 3-way selector
Extreme contour on the upper side of the body provides playing comfort
--------------------------------------------------------

Almost the exact same spec!! but u know what??

gibson sg with emg : 956.99$
Esp viper-400 : 579.00 $

now choose.......

Ryan 2%

because my viper plays and sounds just as brutal as a stingray, and it only cost me $230. given, it would've been about $400 new, still, thats about $800 less than a musicman

JMad81

I play ESPs cause they fit my style perfectly. They make metal guitars, but use modernized classic shapes which i really like. The number one reason i swear by them is the quality you are getting, especially for the price. IMO there are no better guitars out there for metal. My ESP horizon is the best guitar i have ever played in terms of playability, sound, and feel.

asbloodrunsblack

Best sound for metal , great value for money , and they look awesome too

ShreddyMcFunTits

I play them 'cos the Jaymezorz does and they haz the EMGzorz.

Bridge The Void

ESP's suck, I only use them so I can be liek teh metallicuz...

...no

I love other guitars too, I have a couple of Ibanez's which are keepers and I really really really want a PRS someday - those guitars are the kinda guitars which I can sit in my room and play, enjoying the tone and feel and all associated junk.

Nevertheless, as an aspiring artist who likes to go wild on stage, I needed something that would hold up, sound great, feel great and stay in tune. My Ibanez's, whilst awesome, to me are more "precision" instruments, live I'd probably overbend the notes, get confused with the 5 way switch, wear the frets down...and if I do eventually get this PRS, I'd never ever take that on stage and beat it up.

With ESP's, I have a guitar which feels above all, solid. I beat the hell out of my Eclipse sometimes and it just takes it, smiling back at me and still delivering the goods. EMG's I love not necessarily for brutal tone (as I'm not a hardcore metal player like most ESP players :p) but for the fact that the sounds are bold, strong and clear, and slam through effects pedal buffers as if they were nothing. They don't sound half bad either. With EMG's as stock and with the guitars being comfortable and very playable, it seemed like a no-brainer for me.

I may change my mind about the EMG's evenually. I originally went active because I was trying to coax more gain out of my Recto, but as I'm now using a 20W amp I'm not too sure if I need the extra power. I'm only holding off because I'm sorely tempted to go bareknuckle, and it'll cost me a small fortune to re-equip all of my guitars with Bareknuckles, as well as having to put effort into installing them and whatnot. And I have all these 9v batteries lying around... :p

Gil

ESP's suck, I only use them so I can be liek teh metallicuz...

...no

I love other guitars too, I have a couple of Ibanez's which are keepers and I really really really want a PRS someday - those guitars are the kinda guitars which I can sit in my room and play, enjoying the tone and feel and all associated junk.

Nevertheless, as an aspiring artist who likes to go wild on stage, I needed something that would hold up, sound great, feel great and stay in tune. My Ibanez's, whilst awesome, to me are more "precision" instruments, live I'd probably overbend the notes, get confused with the 5 way switch, wear the frets down...and if I do eventually get this PRS, I'd never ever take that on stage and beat it up.

With ESP's, I have a guitar which feels above all, solid. I beat the hell out of my Eclipse sometimes and it just takes it, smiling back at me and still delivering the goods. EMG's I love not necessarily for brutal tone (as I'm not a hardcore metal player like most ESP players :p) but for the fact that the sounds are bold, strong and clear, and slam through effects pedal buffers as if they were nothing. They don't sound half bad either. With EMG's as stock and with the guitars being comfortable and very playable, it seemed like a no-brainer for me.

I may change my mind about the EMG's evenually. I originally went active because I was trying to coax more gain out of my Recto, but as I'm now using a 20W amp I'm not too sure if I need the extra power. I'm only holding off because I'm sorely tempted to go bareknuckle, and it'll cost me a small fortune to re-equip all of my guitars with Bareknuckles, as well as having to put effort into installing them and whatnot. And I have all these 9v batteries lying around... :p

PRSes are a JOY to play man. really outstanding guitars and the tone is excellent.

SpiderPig

ESP is bullshitting, you should never fall for it.

Robotsatemygrandma

Why do I play ESP? I was all about Ibanez and Schecter for the longest time, but these things could barely hold up during a show and I hated how the necks felt. When I tried a LTD it felt like a solid guitar that played like butter. It wasn't stiff like Ibanez nor was it chunky and hollow like a Schecter.

After picking up a used MH-100 and MH-300 I was sold and haven't looked back since. These fucker's take abuse like no other... I can comfortably gig without a backup when using my LTD's.

evilaudio

I used to play Ibanez. I grew as a player and realized my technique required a different guitar. Recess mounted trems were slowing my down picking, due to the picking angle it causes, so I needed something that had the strings further away from the body. Ibanez just doesn't make a 25.5" scale superstrat style guitar with the trem up high. So I bought a Charvel 650XL that had the trem mounted high rather than recessed. Nice. But then I joined a band that plays in both standard and drop tunings. The whole floyd thing was beginning to be a pain so I needed a guitar that had a tune-o-matic while still meeting my 25.5" superstrat preference. It came down to Schecter's C-1 and ESP's Horizon. The Schecter weighed more and I had a H-50 back in the day that I always regretted selling. Also had a Viper 301 that was a really nice guitar. Sold it also. So I had an idea how good an ESP can be.
So I converted to ESP. I have had my H-50EB for about a week and a half now. Man, why did I ever play anything else? I'm going to get a couple more Horizons as soon as I find a good deal on one with the old headstock.
I'm extremely happy with ESP right now.

garyjfoster

i love the sound and the quality...its very comfortable ....i have played many brands and i love esp the best..

takesnogutz666

if you dont play ESP you might as well take all your hard earned money, put it in a pit, and burn it. take the mh-400 for example. its comparable to the jackson dkmg, but $100 cheaper. and i think the mh-400 beats the piss out of the jackson. this is the case with just about every esp guitar. they put better flames and quilts on their 100 series than jackson puts on their $600-$700 range models. esp sounds, looks, and plays better than anything else for your money.

Post to Thread